Trying to find a mastermind group in northern Utah

Trying to find a mastermind group in northern Utah

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hey everyone, I am a newbie to real-estate investing, but I have been learning every bit of info about it as I can since I got started. I recently watched a bigger pockets podcast where they talked about getting into a "mastermind" group. Just wondering if that is a thing that just happens around the US, or if you have to make one up, if its paid etc. Don't know much about it yet, but want to get involved. I live about 30 mins NW of Salt Lake City Utah (Syracuse) and was wondering if there were any meet ups around that area. If not, was also wondering if there was anyone else interested in getting one started! I am getting prepped to get my first property and was looking to get some help. -Chad

2Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 4 votes
4y
Quote from @Chad Barlow:

Hey everyone, I am a newbie to real-estate investing, but I have been learning every bit of info about it as I can since I got started. I recently watched a bigger pockets podcast where they talked about getting into a "mastermind" group. Just wondering if that is a thing that just happens around the US, or if you have to make one up, if its paid etc. Don't know much about it yet, but want to get involved. I live about 30 mins NW of Salt Lake City Utah (Syracuse) and was wondering if there were any meet ups around that area. If not, was also wondering if there was anyone else interested in getting one started! I am getting prepped to get my first property and was looking to get some help. -Chad

Hi, Chad! 

The UREIA (Utah Real Estate Investment Association) and SLREIA (Salt Lake...) have wonderful resources and a lot of meetups throughout the month that include people from throughout this niche of real estate such as contractors, hard money lenders, and wholesalers like myself, but most importantly, tons of investors of all experience levels who want to help each other.  They have event calendars on their websites with a variety of different meetings on different topics to attend but it's great for networking and everyone is very friendly! 

https://www.utahreia.org/

https://www.slreia.com/

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Spanish Fork, UT · Member since 2020 · 79 posts · 56 votes
    4y

    Hey Chad, 

    I just sent a connection request your way. DM me your email and I can get you added to an email list for a meetup that happens in Utah County. It is held virtually right now and have a few people that attend from all over the state including SLC & Ogden. 

  • Realtor · Provo, UT · Member since 2020 · 374 posts · 270 votes
    4y

    There is a meetup in Sandy on Thursday. PM me and I can share the details.

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Chad Barlow:

    Hey everyone, I am a newbie to real-estate investing, but I have been learning every bit of info about it as I can since I got started. I recently watched a bigger pockets podcast where they talked about getting into a "mastermind" group. Just wondering if that is a thing that just happens around the US, or if you have to make one up, if its paid etc. Don't know much about it yet, but want to get involved. I live about 30 mins NW of Salt Lake City Utah (Syracuse) and was wondering if there were any meet ups around that area. If not, was also wondering if there was anyone else interested in getting one started! I am getting prepped to get my first property and was looking to get some help. -Chad

    Hi, Chad! 

    The UREIA (Utah Real Estate Investment Association) and SLREIA (Salt Lake...) have wonderful resources and a lot of meetups throughout the month that include people from throughout this niche of real estate such as contractors, hard money lenders, and wholesalers like myself, but most importantly, tons of investors of all experience levels who want to help each other.  They have event calendars on their websites with a variety of different meetings on different topics to attend but it's great for networking and everyone is very friendly! 

    https://www.utahreia.org/

    https://www.slreia.com/

  • Todd BradyPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Clearfield, UT · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    Hey Chad,

    As others have said there are a number of Real Estate Investment Associations in Utah with the furthest north one being NUREIA which holds monthly meetings in Ogden and Logan. I'm a member of that REIA and it is a great place to learn and network. I've also been to SLREIA and other meetups in Provo, some of which you can attend virtually. Let me know if you need anything else and I hope to meet you at NUREIA.

    https://www.nureia.org/

  • Member since 2022 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    I would love info on the virtual meetups. I lived in Utah for 30 years before I had to “voluntarily” leave the country for immigration purposes.  My wife and I currently have a mortgage on a home that we are currently renting out until I’m able to come back as a lawful permanent resident.  My wife and kids moved in with my in-laws and our plan is to buy a 2nd property that will be rented out as well while we live with our in-laws and hopefully get our portfolio jumpstarted.  Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

  • Doug QuistPro Member
    Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2015 · 56 posts · 25 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Logan McKay Zylstra:

    There is a meetup in Sandy on Thursday. PM me and I can share the details.


     Please send me the details. Thanks.

  • Ann Arbor MI, USA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    Hi Chad and others, I'm interested in finding 2-6 other guys to form a mastermind with (1M+, similar to GoBundance), focused on all aspects of life, business and money included (US based, Virtual: Google Hangouts, Zoom, or FaceTime, etc). Your primary interest does not have to be real estate (though I expect multiple people in the mastermind will have real estate as a focus considering we're finding each other on BiggerPockets).

    I was inspired by the GoBundance group, however I'm holding off on GoBundance after finding they have a $10,000 per year fee to join. It sounds like a phenomenal organization that could be a good option for the future, however at this time I didn't feel it was the right thing for me. Instead, I'm reaching out to this community to see if anyone is interested.

    If you're looking for a mastermind / accountability / friend group like this, then I'm glad we've found each other. Please message me!

    More info on my separate post here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.