Mastermind Group Formation - GoBundance inspired

Mastermind Group Formation - GoBundance inspired

Ann Arbor MI, USA 路 Member since 2018 路 15 posts 路 6 votes

I'm interested in finding 2-6 other guys to form a mastermind with, focused on all aspects of life, business and money included (US based, Virtual: Google Hangouts, Zoom, or FaceTime, etc). Your primary interest does not have to be real estate (though I expect multiple people in the mastermind will have real estate as a focus considering we're finding each other on BiggerPockets). 

I was inspired by the GoBundance group, however I'm holding off on GoBundance after finding they have a $10,000 per year fee to join. It sounds like a phenomenal organization that could be a good option for the future, however at this time I didn't feel it was the right thing for me. Instead, I'm reaching out to this community to see if anyone is interested.

If you're looking for a mastermind / accountability / friend group like this, then I'm glad we've found each other. Please message me!

Mastermind will focus on all areas of life:

- Finances (1M+ net worth self made, similar to GoBundance)

- Business/Career

- Marriage & Family

- Physical Health & Fitness

- Faith (does not have to be Christian, but some type of faith that grounds you)

- Fun/Recreation/Adventure

- Contribution/philanthropy

Proposed structure (TBD based on group discussion/confirmation):

- weekly 30-60 min video chat: round the horn updates on goals, projects, AIs, etc; Q&A

- quarterly 1-2 hour session focused on quarterly goal creation/sharing (12 week year style of goals)

- annually attend a conference together: BPCon, FinCon, Tony Robbins, etc (aim for 1 per year, see how that goes)

- accountability group, idea brainstorming team, friendship, camaraderie, personal growth

- if the group vibes, consider an annual social adventure trip (vacation, backpacking, rafting, surfing, etc; with or without family TBD)

Rules:

- no bull, commitment, follow through, go getters, make it happen, be there for each other

- leverage your strengths to build others in the group up, place that you go to give (not just receive)

- transparency, authenticity: full financial picture, challenges, strengths, weaknesses, family life, faith life, health

- can come from anywhere in the US, as long as you can relatively consistently do a video call at a decent time of day

If by surprise a lot of people respond, I'm glad to be matchmaker for additional mastermind groups as well (men, women, mixed, at varying levels, etc). 

3Reply
116 views

Most Popular Reply

Jim HilerPro Member
Rental Property Investor 路 Delray Beach, FL 路 Member since 2014 路 133 posts 路 50 votes
3y

I'm also looking for something similar to Gobundance... A mastermind/life/REI/Business coaching with high achievers, working towards financial freedom (I'm still a W2 with a few investments), active, working on improving all aspects of life, being active, (possible excursions once a year) family, health, etc... but with less of an initial investment and maybe initial net-worth requirement.

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor 路 East Wenatchee, WA 路 Member since 2014 路 10k+ posts 路 16k+ votes
    4y

    I commend you for doing this, Kyle.  Sounds great even if not for me at this time. 

    Might also try LinkedIn, FB, etc if you don't get enough traction here馃憤

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor 路 VA 路 Member since 2015 路 21k+ posts 路 19k+ votes
    4y

    @Kyle B.

    Awesome idea - challenge I have found from own experience is unless people put money in it- they don鈥檛 stick with it (and which is why I joined gobundance).

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Ann Arbor MI, USA 路 Member since 2018 路 15 posts 路 6 votes
    4y

    You make a great point, Chris! I'm still willing to give it a try and see if anyone is interested. 

    Have you enjoyed GoBundance and found it to be helpful and useful?

  • SFR Investor 路 West Jordan, UT 路 Member since 2011 路 8 posts 路 3 votes
    4y

    Kyle - I joined goBundance within the last 30 days.  I've found it to be very engaging and packed full of smart, experienced guys.  I will be attending a first in person event in October in Dallas.  I'm seeing good things from what I'm learning.  As an example, I've put off a few RE investing decisions i'd made prior to joining because I have the expectation that I'm likely to bump into even larger ideas as I continue to increase my exposure to GoBundance guys.

  • Real Estate Entrepreneur 路 Owasso, OK 路 Member since 2015 路 220 posts 路 154 votes
    4y

    @David Foy How has your gobundance journey been for the last 60-90 days? 

  • Real Estate Entrepreneur 路 Owasso, OK 路 Member since 2015 路 220 posts 路 154 votes
    4y

    @Kyle B. Interesting idea. I like it. Have you had any interest yet or already have something going on re: mastermind? 

  • SFR Investor 路 West Jordan, UT 路 Member since 2011 路 8 posts 路 3 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Michael Slockers:

    @David Foy How has your gobundance journey been for the last 60-90 days? 

     @Michael Slockers I'm seeing lots of potential for my growth.  All of the guys I've met in the various methods, in person, xoom, etc. have been really solid, nice guys.  The simplest things, in conversations, become helpful.  Prior to joining the group I had gotten to a higher net worth position than anyone I knew personally.  I'm never looking to compare bank accounts, but it is very cool to step into a group of honest and transparent men that are willing to share and curious to learn.  If you want to talk over the phone, let me know by sending me a PM.

  • Jim HilerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor 路 Delray Beach, FL 路 Member since 2014 路 133 posts 路 50 votes
    3y

    I'm also looking for something similar to Gobundance... A mastermind/life/REI/Business coaching with high achievers, working towards financial freedom (I'm still a W2 with a few investments), active, working on improving all aspects of life, being active, (possible excursions once a year) family, health, etc... but with less of an initial investment and maybe initial net-worth requirement.

  • Little Falls, NJ 路 Member since 2014 路 87 posts 路 49 votes
    3y

    This sounds like a great idea and wondering if it made any traction. Even just having accountability partners with like-minded people to bounce off ideas has tremendous value. This is certainly not a one size fits all game.

  • Jim HilerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor 路 Delray Beach, FL 路 Member since 2014 路 133 posts 路 50 votes
    3y

    No. I do belong to another mastermind but it's mostly investing focused.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor 路 VA 路 Member since 2015 路 21k+ posts 路 19k+ votes
    3y

    @Jim Hiler

    Gobundance has a program called emerge which lower cost to get in and lower net worth

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Jim HilerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor 路 Delray Beach, FL 路 Member since 2014 路 133 posts 路 50 votes
    3y

    Yes. Thanks. I've been considering that as well...

  • Investor 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2015 路 5 posts 路 0 votes
    3y

    I would be interested in joining. I live in Colorado now, but we are trying to buy a lake house outside of Cassopoli MI. How should we make contact?

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor 路 VA 路 Member since 2015 路 21k+ posts 路 19k+ votes
    3y

    As

    An fyi if anyone was considering gobundance they are freezing new members as of may 1st. So after may 1 anyone wanting to join will be on a wait list.

    This if you were considering joining you have two weeks. Just a PSA

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Investor 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2015 路 5 posts 路 0 votes
    3y

    GObundnace just approved me yesterday. I do the interview thing tomorrow. Not sure I am interested in the $10,000 fee. I am hoping I can put together a like-minded group on my own

  • Member since 2023 路 1 post 路 1 vote
    3y

    Hi Kyle! I鈥檓 just seeing your post now but realizing you originally posted 9 months ago. I鈥檓 curious where things with the MM group landed and how things are going. Cheers! 

  • Member since 2022 路 1 post 路 1 vote
    3y

    I'm interested in joining if you are still accepting people.

  • Investor 路 Palm Beach 路 Member since 2018 路 35 posts 路 7 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jim Hiler:

    Yes. Thanks. I've been considering that as well...


    Hey Jim, bumping this old thread as I too am interested in what you described and I'm also a Delray Beach investor. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.