BiggerPockets Bootcamp Signups are Happening Now!

BiggerPockets Bootcamp Signups are Happening Now!

Alicia MarksPro Member
Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes

We’re approaching the end of 2022 and there is NO better way to lock in your goals than a BiggerPockets Bootcamp.

Fall Bootcamps are officially open for enrollment!

If you’re ready to make 2022 your best year yet, sign up for one of our online bootcamps to learn how to get your first or next deal. We’ve even made improvements to the format for this fall 2022 and we’re including brand new bonus features for all bootcamp participants.

This fall, get FREE access to a mini-tax course with expert CPA, Amanda Han. You will also receive a FREE e-book that pairs with your bootcamps and 20% of the BiggerPockets bookstore.

Rookie Bootcamp

Choose your investing strategy and close your first deal with the Rookie Bootcamp!

This 10-week Bootcamp, led by Ashley Kehr and Tyler Madden, will cover important topics like investing strategies, finding and funding deals, analyzing properties, making offers, and more.

Rookie Landlord Bootcamp

Are you a new landlord and need a crash course? This bootcamp is designed for new landlords, soon to be landlords, and graduates of the Real Estate Rookie Bootcamp! Join Rookie Podcast co-host Ashley Kehr to learn how to manage your investment property for optimal cash flow—from listing a property to automating your management.

House Hacking Bootcamp

House hacking doesn’t just mean living with a roommate. Join house hacking expert Craig Curelop for this 10-week course as he shares a treasure trove of house hacking strategies that will have you earning maximum cash flow without sacrificing the comfort or privacy of your primary residence.

Multifamily Investor Bootcamp

Take your real estate portfolio to the next level with multifamily investing. This 10-week Bootcamp, led by Matt Faircloth and Justin Fraser, covers everything you need to know to acquire lucrative multifamily properties individually or through partnerships.

Short-term Rental Bootcamp

If you're ready to dive in and purchase your first or next short-term or vacation rental property, this 10-week course is for you! Join Avery and Luke Carl to learn how to purchase your first short-term rental (STR) property and manage it effectively. This course covers funding deals, analyzing properties for short-term rental potential, managing your properties, and more!

Ready to join us? Learn more about fall bootcamps and sign up HERE.

Don’t miss out! We have limited spots available and anticipate this session will be our biggest one yet! Register by 8/31 to claim your spot.

Have questions about bootcamps? Check out our FAQs!

25Reply
103 views

Most Popular Reply

Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 51 posts · 34 votes
4y

Hi @Heather Paternes—I manage our bootcamp program here at BiggerPockets so can give you a little more insight! We do have folks who have enrolled in more than one bootcamp at once—hopefully someone will chime in with their experience! In terms of time commitment, each bootcamp has about an hour of self-paced learning (which includes pre-recorded lectures and assignments), an hour live session, and an optional additional hour meeting with an accountability group each week. The live sessions are recorded, so there is some flexibility with when you watch them.

Our STR bootcamp is a little more beginner focused—the first half will focus on identifying potential markets and analyzing deals, while the second half gets into the nitty gritty of running the STR. The curriculum has changed a bit since we first offered this one—it didn't previously get into operations.

I hope this helps—let us know if you have any other questions!

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Saskatoon, SK · Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Where do you host these bootcamps?

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    Interested in Boot Camp. How do I sign up?

  • Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2021 · 16 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    Anyone that has done one of these and can share how it went?

  • Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Anyone that has done one of these and can share how it went?


     I'm currently enrolled in the Rookie Bootcamp and I love it.  It's hosted by Ashley & Tyler, and  we virtually meet on Tuesday evenings.  They cover topics that are rookie-related which can make the path to your first property clearer.  (Some folks already have properties, however, I'm sure they find value.)

    For me personally, this will help me move from where  I am, to where I'd like to be.

    I plan to register for the fall Bootcamp also.

  • Lindsey BuxtonPro Member
    Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 110 posts · 97 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Eduardo Carrillo:

    Interested in Boot Camp. How do I sign up?

    Check out the bootcamp options and sign up: 

     https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

  • Real Estate Agent · Central Florida · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Hi! I was thinking of signing up for Multifamily and STRs. Does anyone know if you can do 2 at a time? (Like is there so much to learn it would be overwhelming?) And has anyone done the STR one? I have 5 STRs so I know a little bit and still have so much to learn but do not want to take the course if it is an intro type to STRs (I read the description and it says beginner and intermediate but reading more about it sounds beginner focused) . Thank you so much for any input!

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 51 posts · 34 votes
    4y

    Hi @Heather Paternes—I manage our bootcamp program here at BiggerPockets so can give you a little more insight! We do have folks who have enrolled in more than one bootcamp at once—hopefully someone will chime in with their experience! In terms of time commitment, each bootcamp has about an hour of self-paced learning (which includes pre-recorded lectures and assignments), an hour live session, and an optional additional hour meeting with an accountability group each week. The live sessions are recorded, so there is some flexibility with when you watch them.

    Our STR bootcamp is a little more beginner focused—the first half will focus on identifying potential markets and analyzing deals, while the second half gets into the nitty gritty of running the STR. The curriculum has changed a bit since we first offered this one—it didn't previously get into operations.

    I hope this helps—let us know if you have any other questions!

  • Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    Hello @Alicia Marks

    I’m very interested in boot camp! How do I sign up?

  • Alicia MarksPro Member
    OP
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    Follow the blue link in the post!

  • Real Estate Agent · Central Florida · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Thank you so much, that does help. 😊

  • Rental Property Investor · Ogden, UT · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    4y

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 51 posts · 34 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    If you know you're interested in going the STR route, I would definitely start there—it will take you through identifying markets, analyzing properties, and operations, all through the lens of STRs. The Rookie course is best for folks who are still figuring out where they want to start—long term, short term, house hacking, etc. It's a slightly more general overview, aimed at getting you through the purchase of your first investment property. Our Rookie Landlord course picks up where Rookie leaves off, and is a deep dive into all things operations and management. I hope this helps—let us know if you have any other questions!
  • New to Real Estate · Phoenix Area · Member since 2020 · 18 posts · 13 votes
    4y

    Hello! What is the expected time commitment per week for the Real Estate Rookie Bootcamp? I work full-time plus commit an additional 10 hours to a second job, so I want to make sure I would have enough time to dedicate to this.

    Edit: Nevermind, I see you say there is 1 hour of self-paced, 1 hour of live session, and an optional 1-hour meeting, Stephanie. When I first read that I thought it was isolated to the STR group. Thanks!

  • New to Real Estate · dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Im register for the Rookie BootCamp and House Hacking Bootcamp 🙌

    super excited to get rolling and learn what i can to be successful.. i hope 😵‍💫
    should i also enroll in multifamily investor bootcamp? i just want to learn everything and every strategies.🤣😵‍💫

  • Member since 2022 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    I'm a complete rookie still just learning.  I've read most of the guides and other free content on BP, and the strategy that interests me the most is multi-family rentals.  Can I skip the Rookie boot camp and go straight to the Mult-Family?  or do they build on each other?

    Thank you

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 51 posts · 34 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Bradley R Stillabower:

    I'm a complete rookie still just learning.  I've read most of the guides and other free content on BP, and the strategy that interests me the most is multi-family rentals.  Can I skip the Rookie boot camp and go straight to the Mult-Family?  or do they build on each other?

    Thank you


    Just FYI, the multifamily bootcamp is a little more focused on commercial multifamily (so 5+ units), and spends a good amount of time talking about raising capital and getting investors on board. It is a geared toward a slightly more experienced investor, but if you're comfortable asking for help when you need and clarification when you need it(I highly recommend attending the office hours hosted by the teaching assistants), I think you'll be fine.

  • Member since 2022 · 25 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Bradley R Stillabower:

    I'm a complete rookie still just learning.  I've read most of the guides and other free content on BP, and the strategy that interests me the most is multi-family rentals.  Can I skip the Rookie boot camp and go straight to the Mult-Family?  or do they build on each other?

    Thank you


    Just FYI, the multifamily bootcamp is a little more focused on commercial multifamily (so 5+ units), and spends a good amount of time talking about raising capital and getting investors on board. It is a geared toward a slightly more experienced investor, but if you're comfortable asking for help when you need and clarification when you need it(I highly recommend attending the office hours hosted by the teaching assistants), I think you'll be fine.


     thank you.  I'm not ready for the commercial marketplace.  I need to learn more about small residential mult-family (duplex/triplex).  Should I stick with the basics of the Rookie boot camp?

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 51 posts · 34 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Bradley R Stillabower:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Bradley R Stillabower:

    I'm a complete rookie still just learning.  I've read most of the guides and other free content on BP, and the strategy that interests me the most is multi-family rentals.  Can I skip the Rookie boot camp and go straight to the Mult-Family?  or do they build on each other?

    Thank you


    Just FYI, the multifamily bootcamp is a little more focused on commercial multifamily (so 5+ units), and spends a good amount of time talking about raising capital and getting investors on board. It is a geared toward a slightly more experienced investor, but if you're comfortable asking for help when you need and clarification when you need it(I highly recommend attending the office hours hosted by the teaching assistants), I think you'll be fine.


     thank you.  I'm not ready for the commercial marketplace.  I need to learn more about small residential mult-family (duplex/triplex).  Should I stick with the basics of the Rookie boot camp?

    I think it depends on how much of a base understanding you have going in. The Multifamily course moves a little faster (though still covers finding a market, analyzing deals, making offers, etc.). Rookie spends a little more time going over the various investing strategies, types of funding, etc.
  • Flipper/Rehabber · EULESS, TX · Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Bradley R Stillabower:

    I'm a complete rookie still just learning.  I've read most of the guides and other free content on BP, and the strategy that interests me the most is multi-family rentals.  Can I skip the Rookie boot camp and go straight to the Mult-Family?  or do they build on each other?

    Thank you


    Just FYI, the multifamily bootcamp is a little more focused on commercial multifamily (so 5+ units), and spends a good amount of time talking about raising capital and getting investors on board. It is a geared toward a slightly more experienced investor, but if you're comfortable asking for help when you need and clarification when you need it(I highly recommend attending the office hours hosted by the teaching assistants), I think you'll be fine.

     Will the multi family bootcamp teach about creative finance also? 

  • Alicia MarksPro Member
    OP
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Eli Khounthavong:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Bradley R Stillabower:

    I'm a complete rookie still just learning.  I've read most of the guides and other free content on BP, and the strategy that interests me the most is multi-family rentals.  Can I skip the Rookie boot camp and go straight to the Mult-Family?  or do they build on each other?

    Thank you


    Just FYI, the multifamily bootcamp is a little more focused on commercial multifamily (so 5+ units), and spends a good amount of time talking about raising capital and getting investors on board. It is a geared toward a slightly more experienced investor, but if you're comfortable asking for help when you need and clarification when you need it(I highly recommend attending the office hours hosted by the teaching assistants), I think you'll be fine.

     Will the multi family bootcamp teach about creative finance also? 


     There's definitely financing segments in the multifamily bootcamp! Hope you find a deal so we can analyze!

  • New to Real Estate · FL · Member since 2022 · 95 posts · 18 votes
    4y

     Hello @Stephanie White, I wanted to ask if I sign up for a Pro Annual Membership does that automatically give me access to the all the Fall boot-camp courses? If the answer is Yes, because the boot-camp courses are pre-recorded, will you give us the ability to watch the courses we weren't able to watch in the future? Meaning if I saw the Rookie boot-camp and want to the view the short-term rental after the 10-weeks, will it be available to us to watch after the 10 weeks?

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 51 posts · 34 votes
    4y

    Our bootcamps cost $199 each for folks who are already Pro Annual members. Buying a Pro Annual membership will not automatically give you access to all the bootcamps—you still have to purchase and enroll in the bootcamp you'd like to attend. If you are interested in upgrading a Pro Annual membership and purchasing a bootcamp, we've bundled those together to give you a discount on your Pro Annual membership. For $489, you get a year of Pro Annual and the bootcamp, which brings the price of a Pro Annual membership down to $290. Let us know if you have any other questions!

  • New to Real Estate · FL · Member since 2022 · 95 posts · 18 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Our bootcamps cost $199 each for folks who are already Pro Annual members. Buying a Pro Annual membership will not automatically give you access to all the bootcamps—you still have to purchase and enroll in the bootcamp you'd like to attend. If you are interested in upgrading a Pro Annual membership and purchasing a bootcamp, we've bundled those together to give you a discount on your Pro Annual membership. For $489, you get a year of Pro Annual and the bootcamp, which brings the price of a Pro Annual membership down to $290. Let us know if you have any other questions!


    I do have another question. I am very limited on time because of work and raising a toddler. There are two boot camps I am interested in but I highly doubt I can watch both in the time frame of the 10 weeks. When I purchase the boot camp will I have access to my courses for a infinite time period or after the 10 weeks I won't be able to view them ever again?

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 51 posts · 34 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Christian Requejo:
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Our bootcamps cost $199 each for folks who are already Pro Annual members. Buying a Pro Annual membership will not automatically give you access to all the bootcamps—you still have to purchase and enroll in the bootcamp you'd like to attend. If you are interested in upgrading a Pro Annual membership and purchasing a bootcamp, we've bundled those together to give you a discount on your Pro Annual membership. For $489, you get a year of Pro Annual and the bootcamp, which brings the price of a Pro Annual membership down to $290. Let us know if you have any other questions!


    I do have another question. I am very limited on time because of work and raising a toddler. There are two boot camps I am interested in but I highly doubt I can watch both in the time frame of the 10 weeks. When I purchase the boot camp will I have access to my courses for a infinite time period or after the 10 weeks I won't be able to view them ever again?


    Great question—All of the class materials (videos, live session recordings, bootcamp community, etc.) will remain available for six months after the course is over. You will also have the ability to download any materials you want to keep indefinitely. 

  • New to Real Estate · FL · Member since 2022 · 95 posts · 18 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Christian Requejo:
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Our bootcamps cost $199 each for folks who are already Pro Annual members. Buying a Pro Annual membership will not automatically give you access to all the bootcamps—you still have to purchase and enroll in the bootcamp you'd like to attend. If you are interested in upgrading a Pro Annual membership and purchasing a bootcamp, we've bundled those together to give you a discount on your Pro Annual membership. For $489, you get a year of Pro Annual and the bootcamp, which brings the price of a Pro Annual membership down to $290. Let us know if you have any other questions!


    I do have another question. I am very limited on time because of work and raising a toddler. There are two boot camps I am interested in but I highly doubt I can watch both in the time frame of the 10 weeks. When I purchase the boot camp will I have access to my courses for a infinite time period or after the 10 weeks I won't be able to view them ever again?


    Great question—All of the class materials (videos, live session recordings, bootcamp community, etc.) will remain available for six months after the course is over. You will also have the ability to download any materials you want to keep indefinitely. 


     Do I sign up for the Pro Annual Membership first? and then register for the boot-camp course to get the discount?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.