Live Events - How do you decide which one(s) to go to?

Live Events - How do you decide which one(s) to go to?

Colt ImpsonPro Member
Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello BP community my name is Colt Impson, I currently own 3 rental properties. I listen to the BP podcast daily and almost every guest they have has some sort of Live Event. I have not attended a Live Event but think it could be beneficial for networking and hopefully help me start to scale upward. So how do you guys decide which Live Event to attend when there are so many?  Would like to hear your guy's feedback on this. Thanks. 

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Jewel B.Pro Member
New to Real Estate · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2021 · 352 posts · 120 votes
3y

I would try not to overthink it. You'll meet great people from all different backgrounds at any event. Pick a guest/event that aligns most closely with your current interests or needs, pick where you would enjoy taking a trip to, and book it!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jewel B.Pro Member
    New to Real Estate · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2021 · 352 posts · 120 votes
    3y

    I would try not to overthink it. You'll meet great people from all different backgrounds at any event. Pick a guest/event that aligns most closely with your current interests or needs, pick where you would enjoy taking a trip to, and book it!

  • Real Estate Agent · NJ · Member since 2021 · 567 posts · 127 votes
    3y

    I love live events, make better connections there, I've been to so many so I know which ones are good in my area, but at first I just went to Meetup.com and based it on how many attendees. I don't want to go to an event with only 5 or 10 people

  • Jewel B.Pro Member
    New to Real Estate · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2021 · 352 posts · 120 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Richard Loniewski:

    I love live events, make better connections there, I've been to so many so I know which ones are good in my area, but at first I just went to Meetup.com and based it on how many attendees. I don't want to go to an event with only 5 or 10 people


     Very true, though I would hope any BP guests with live events would be drawing more than a handful of people to their events. 

  • Real Estate Agent · NJ · Member since 2021 · 567 posts · 127 votes
    3y

    Not always, actually there is a was a good Meetup in Lehigh valley, a bit far for me. I'll check with them if they are still doing it

  • Jewel B.Pro Member
    New to Real Estate · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2021 · 352 posts · 120 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Richard Loniewski:

    Not always, actually there is a was a good Meetup in Lehigh valley, a bit far for me. I'll check with them if they are still doing it


     Hosted by someone who was a guest on the BiggerPockets podcast?

    And yes there's a few in the area

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Colt Impson:

    Hello BP community my name is Colt Impson, I currently own 3 rental properties. I listen to the BP podcast daily and almost every guest they have has some sort of Live Event. I have not attended a Live Event but think it could be beneficial for networking and hopefully help me start to scale upward. So how do you guys decide which Live Event to attend when there are so many?  Would like to hear your guy's feedback on this. Thanks. 


    Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Colt ImpsonPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Thanks everyone for the feedback I plan to start attending live events in 2023. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.