Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Mariah G.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Why Would Seller Take Property Off the Market?

Mariah G.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jan 2 2023, 22:40

(New Orleans) Hi everyone, looking to purchase my first rental property in the next 6 months likely in New Orleans or Jefferson Parish. I just started looking seriously at buying in the last few months and am mainly focusing on small multi-family.

There's a double I found and started analyzing the numbers on. I planned a walk through but when we went to go inside the keys weren't in the lockbox. A couple days later  the seller agent's showing service called my agent to ask if they had the keys. Later that day my agent was informed the seller was taking the house off the market (after ~65 days).

When I did pass by the house I noticed it was being updated (no one was there) but that it still needed some work as I had expected.

I've been listening to the Bigger Pockets podcasts and don't believe I've come across an episode that addressed this situation yet. Should I look into it?Maybe they are planning to rent it out again or it is being sold privately and does this mean my agent was not informed correctly? Not tied to this in any way but I was looking forward to at least walking through it. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, thanks!

Loading replies...