Rehab loan for investing property?

Rehab loan for investing property?

Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 1 vote

There is an opportunity that presents ya itself to buy a home in a well desirable neighborhood walking distance  to the beach with desirable rental income but does need to be a primary first. We were thinking staying remodeling and renting out after two years. 
I’m new to investing and we would take a 203k loan out but is this smart the price is pretty high up maybe leaving 100k for renos 


I’m wondering if I should jump or wait

0Reply
28 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Financial Advisor · Boynton Beach, FL · Member since 2019 · 127 posts · 80 votes
    3y

    Hey Jenn,

    If the numbers pencil out, I would say why not. However, if planning on using a 203k loan, make sure you read up all the fine details on eligibility and how to work with a 203k loan. Definitely matters if you are planning to do the work yourself vs hiring a GC.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Why does it need to be a primary? There are other lending products that allow you to purchase in your LLC and borrow the rehab.

  • Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Eliott Elias:

    Why does it need to be a primary? There are other lending products that allow you to purchase in your LLC and borrow the rehab.


    This would be my first property, I don't have Ann LLC should I? We would rather pay a lower IR.
    I’m open to suggestions though! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.