Anyone has experience with a company called find dream rental?

Anyone has experience with a company called find dream rental?

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 137 posts · 42 votes

Hi everyone, 

I recently got approached by a company called find dream rentals. They help you find short or mid term clients. Something does not check out. 1) the reps have very American sounding first and last name but their accents are completely not. It makes us feel that they are trying to hide their identities 2) we could not find any information on the founder of the company 3) could not find any info on the company on the internet 4) when they ask us to pay, they have a discount with Zelle. But Zelle is to a person. And I could not find much information on this person. 

has anyone had any experience with them? are they legit or scam? 

Thanks!

Best,

Gin

0Reply
138 views

Most Popular Reply

Contractor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 3 votes
3y

Definite definite scam. My PM mentioned these folks and after some time we foolishly gave them $600 - $300 for our property she manages and $300 for her own property. It's been over 2 months and nothing from them after plenty of early promises... and of course they're suddenly very difficult to reach.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Palm springs · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    3y
    Quote from @Jin Zhang:

    Hi everyone, 

    I recently got approached by a company called find dream rentals. They help you find short or mid term clients. Something does not check out. 1) the reps have very American sounding first and last name but their accents are completely not. It makes us feel that they are trying to hide their identities 2) we could not find any information on the founder of the company 3) could not find any info on the company on the internet 4) when they ask us to pay, they have a discount with Zelle. But Zelle is to a person. And I could not find much information on this person. 

    has anyone had any experience with them? are they legit or scam? 

    Thanks!

    Best,

    Gin


     I received the same call, and tried to do some research. No information at all. The Airbnb account they presented as reference had low customer rating. They said guests don't leave reviews, but my 85% or 90% of my guests leave reviews. Seem very suspicious 

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2019 · 137 posts · 42 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Hugh Le:
    Quote from @Jin Zhang:

    Hi everyone, 

    I recently got approached by a company called find dream rentals. They help you find short or mid term clients. Something does not check out. 1) the reps have very American sounding first and last name but their accents are completely not. It makes us feel that they are trying to hide their identities 2) we could not find any information on the founder of the company 3) could not find any info on the company on the internet 4) when they ask us to pay, they have a discount with Zelle. But Zelle is to a person. And I could not find much information on this person. 

    has anyone had any experience with them? are they legit or scam? 

    Thanks!

    Best,

    Gin


     I received the same call, and tried to do some research. No information at all. The Airbnb account they presented as reference had low customer rating. They said guests don't leave reviews, but my 85% or 90% of my guests leave reviews. Seem very suspicious 

    Thank you for sharing! This is very interesting. If I have more info, will let you know. 
  • Member since 2023 · 16 posts · 11 votes
    3y

    Yes, they are legitimate.

    I recieved a similar call and initially approached it with caution. However, after some consideration, I decided to give it a try, and I experienced positive results in the initial few weeks. Furthermore, I conducted a research on the company and discovered that their representatives have diverse accents, possibility due to their focus on the European market. This diversity within their team can be viewed as an advantage, as it may provide them with a more global perspective and a better understanding of international clients.

    I also noticed that they use Zelle under their accounts manager's name, which could indicate a legitimate arrangement for handling transactions. This transparency in their payment process can inspire confidence in their operations.

    In summary, despite initial concerns, the company appears to have several positive aspects, including flexible payment options and a commitment to serving a diverse market. Nevertheless, it's always wise to conduct through research on any business before engaging with them to ensure your interests are adequately protected.

    Hope this works.

  • Contractor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    Definite definite scam. My PM mentioned these folks and after some time we foolishly gave them $600 - $300 for our property she manages and $300 for her own property. It's been over 2 months and nothing from them after plenty of early promises... and of course they're suddenly very difficult to reach.

  • Member since 2023 · 43 posts · 28 votes
    2y

    We've listed two properties on find dream rentals and are pleased with the high-quality leads we've received. Unlike other platforms where leads don't always convert, those who contact us through this are more likely to book. Additionally, the presence of helpful customer service personnel who guide us through the process has enhanced our experience.

  • Member since 2024 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    I have come across Find Dream Rentals and found it to be very helpful in meeting my needs as a landlord offering furnished units. Through this platform, I have received numerous booking requests and have been able to select those that align with my requirements in rent-controlled San Diego.

    John and Glen Polo , their agent, has been very courteous and attentive in assisting me with these specific concerns. He has also played a key role in facilitating communication between the new tenants and myself, ensuring a smooth coordination of arrival times and addressing any specific needs they may have. I fully intend to continue utilizing their services in the future.

  • Contractor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    I have come across Find Dream Rentals and found it to be very helpful in meeting my needs as a landlord offering furnished units. Through this platform, I have received numerous booking requests and have been able to select those that align with my requirements in rent-controlled San Diego.

    John and Glen Polo , their agent, has been very courteous and attentive in assisting me with these specific concerns. He has also played a key role in facilitating communication between the new tenants and myself, ensuring a smooth coordination of arrival times and addressing any specific needs they may have. I fully intend to continue utilizing their services in the future.


     Beware BP users. It’s a complete scam. 

  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    2y

    Funny how all the accounts with positive things to say about Dream Rentals are “Account Closed” and Al, those with negative things to say about Dream Rentals are still active. 

    Coincidence?   If you believe that I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale cheap. 

    Buyer beware!

    Best wishes

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

    Definitely a scam!!!!!   I got scammed myself and after they repeatedly said they will refund me, they suddenly change their numbers!   Report them on every online consumer protection organizations and spread the word before they scam more people 

  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    Listen, this isn't hard. They are praying on anyone who would think Find Dream Rental would be a real company. Sometimes, it's a good scam and hard to see, but this one is on anyone who would answer the call first, and then proceed. You are their mark and they know what they are doing. How anyone can fall for this I have no idea? This is the problem with telling everyone you have money to invest and having FOMO to dunk money into things, you believe way too much.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.