investing in Chicago & now Northwest Indiana

investing in Chicago & now Northwest Indiana

Eudith VacioPro Member
Real Estate Agent 路 Chicago & NWI 路 Member since 2015 路 860 posts 路 521 votes

So I've been encountering so much more investors wanting to invest in Northwest Indiana that are investing in Chicago and there a quite a few differences to keep in mind if you want to purchase in the area that are to your benefit 馃 

1) There are NO attorneys involved in the transaction when purchasing a property in Indiana; we, the realtors do all of the work 馃槂 it doesn't mean you can't negotiate, it just means that all of the paperwork is done by realtors; and the title company arranges the closing

2) Indiana is landlord-friendly, meaning that if you ever have to evict someone, it will only take 2-4 weeks and you DO NOT need an attorney to process the eviction, you take care of everything yourself, its just a small fee to initiate the eviction with the county

3) Tenants pay water! its even in a standard lease in Indiana; if its a duplex; I usually split the water in half; and water is pretty cheap out there anyway, so it doesn't make a huge dent in the tenants expense

this is one of several conversations I have with my clients when they are interested in investing in NWI 馃彔

IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE I MISSED, FEEL FREE TO ADD!

3Reply
44 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2016 路 4k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    2y

    Great share @Eudith Vacio!  Love those awesome points!

    I think you could also just add that there is probably less competition, better cash flow, and lower price points generally speaking.

    You will be my first call when I am ready to pull the trigger on my first Indiana property.

    For now, I have to stick to Chicago and nw indiana renovations lol I am a better general contractor than I am an investor.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.