2014 CA Real Estate Salesperson Exam - Help!

2014 CA Real Estate Salesperson Exam - Help!

Moreno Valley, CA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes

Hello Everybody,

I just recently passed all the required tests in order to move on to the next step, which Is taking the CA salesperson exam. I took First Tuesday courses by the way.

I have been studying and reading all three books but there is only so much information that I could take in and I think to myself, I know that all of this material will not be on the test, only some of it.

So my question to all you fine people out there, is there any supplemental education or book that does not cost much that will possibly go over what most likely be on the test?

Thank You and Cheers

0Reply
39 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Berkeley, CA · Member since 2014 · 143 posts · 91 votes
12y

@James P.

I used 4 audio CD's by Broker and Attorney John Henderson to pass my CA Brokers exam. I passed first try, and the test was not as easy as some may think. John has spent decades teaching potential test takers the ins and outs of how to pass the exam.

I believe he said the CD's would prepare you for either broker or salesperson exam, so it will help you. I listened constantly, in the car, exercising, cleaning my house, etc. Its not very expensive, and the CD's are actually pretty enjoyable. He jokes and hams it up and keeps you interested. Just type in the "Real Estate Centre" into Google. That is the RE education place where John owns. I think you can buy them on that website, although I believe I bought mine on First Tuesday.

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2011 · 271 posts · 106 votes
    12y

    The weekend crash course offered the weekend before your exam was a must for me. I used RE Trainers for all of my courses and here's a link to what they offer for the crash course RE Trainers Crash Course. I have no affiliation with them, have just use them for both salesperson and broker required courses.

  • Real Estate Investor · Berkeley, CA · Member since 2014 · 143 posts · 91 votes
    12y

    @James P.

    I used 4 audio CD's by Broker and Attorney John Henderson to pass my CA Brokers exam. I passed first try, and the test was not as easy as some may think. John has spent decades teaching potential test takers the ins and outs of how to pass the exam.

    I believe he said the CD's would prepare you for either broker or salesperson exam, so it will help you. I listened constantly, in the car, exercising, cleaning my house, etc. Its not very expensive, and the CD's are actually pretty enjoyable. He jokes and hams it up and keeps you interested. Just type in the "Real Estate Centre" into Google. That is the RE education place where John owns. I think you can buy them on that website, although I believe I bought mine on First Tuesday.

  • Allen MarisPro Member
    Investor · Santa Ynez, CA · Member since 2008 · 375 posts · 175 votes
    12y

    @James P.

    I just passed my exam at the end of January. After almost a year after completing the requirements to taking my test, I only used Real Estate Centre's crash course that @Andrew Fingado mentioned and passed on my first attempt. I also bought the 2 month online practice tests just to make life easy for me and do the electronic tests. After completing the study guide, I took 4 practice tests and that's it.

    My real test had a lot of agency and disclosure questions, which John mentions in his course.

    Good luck!

    Allen

    PS, forgot to mention I'm not associated with these guys, just bought the exam prep and it worked.

  • Moreno Valley, CA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thank You All for the valuable information.

  • Real Estate Investor · Berkeley, CA · Member since 2014 · 143 posts · 91 votes
    12y

    @Allen Maris Like Allen said above, I also want to add I am not associated with the Real Estate Centre either! I know sometimes people start to wonder about someones recommendation when it sounds too good. I just like to endorse good products, especially when it worked for me.

  • Moreno Valley, CA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Allen Maris

    @Allen Maris thank you for the information, and thank you for the tip about the real test. I truly appreciate it. By any chance is there any more tips that I should be focusing on in re to the CA Salesperson Test, such as Glossary of terms or any specific chapters of the book ie Practice, Principles.

    Thank You,

    ps. I plan on going with the Real Estate Centre as I have heard many good things from many different places.

    Best of luck to you and all your endeavors.

  • Glendale, CA · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    I took and passed the exam yesterday.

    The online practice questions from Allied Real Estate School prepared me fairly well as there weren't many surprises.

    My exam had 4 questions on estoppel, 1 math question, and a lot of questions on SAFE MLO requirements. Also quite a few property ownership and water rights questions.

    Good luck on the exam!

  • Real Estate Investor · Berkeley, CA · Member since 2014 · 143 posts · 91 votes
    12y

    @James P.

    All I can tell you is do not stress the math. I did not have 1 math question on my entire exam. However you know those words hardly no one uses anymore like littoral, riparian, avulsion, accretion, etc. They will throw those at you so know them well.

  • Moreno Valley, CA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Andrew Fingado Thank You for the valuable information.

    @James Hong Thank You for the information and congratulations on passing your exam. You must be excited on moving on to the next step in your career.

  • Allen MarisPro Member
    Investor · Santa Ynez, CA · Member since 2008 · 375 posts · 175 votes
    12y

    @James P.

    Hi James,

    Yes, the version of my test had lots of agency and disclosure related stuff and a few of "unethical vs illegal" type scenarios. There wasn't much on ways of appraising, even though one of the practice tests was heavily testing methods of appraisal.

    For sure read through the vocab pack that you get. Anything you don't know or can't figure out, study up on. It seems I was able to make an educated guess because I knew what the vocab meant. They use the obscure words so if you're not familiar with the word, you won't understand the question.

    Good luck!

    Allen

  • Queens NY, NY · Member since 2013 · 467 posts · 107 votes
    12y

    Hey James, the advice i can offer is YouTube, this is what i used to pass my RE exam. There was to much information for me to absorb, so i had to figure out a way to pass on my first try, because i just could not do it again.

    I used YouTube for everything i did not understand and it worked like a charm. It was much easier than reading a book.

    Good luck!!

  • Moreno Valley, CA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Allen Maris

    Thank you for the valuable information. I will certainly study up on my vocab among other things.

    @Charmaine M.

    Thank you for the valuable information. I sometimes use Youtube or other sources if I want something showed to me as an example when I do not understand something.

  • CA · Member since 2013 · 221 posts · 30 votes
    12y

    hey Guys,

    I'm looking for RE broker exam material to pass in first trial. I bought a course from realestateexpress.com and cleared all 3 exams but I dont trust it since their questions do not match with their practise qestions at all.

    Any recommendation on how to prep for the exam and how long will it take.

  • Palm Desert, CA · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    12y

    Try www.passtherealestatetest.com

    Actual up to date and current exam information written by the same lawyers who wrote the exam.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    12y

    By far the best one that I know of is www.realestateexamscholar.com. It is the cheapest out there at $29. It has over 1,000 high quality questions, flashcards, glossary, tips and tricks, and more. I passed on the first try and it was easy and $29 well spent. I would also suggest re-reading all your old books from the Real Estate Principles course and the Real Estate Practice course. Doing the real estate exam scholar course and studying made the course very easy to pass. Oh, and there's a money back guarantee if you don't pass.

  • Accountant · Oakland, CA · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    @James P.did you end up passing? how long did you end up studying for after your completed your courses?

  • Real Estate Broker · Johns Creek, GA · Member since 2009 · 870 posts · 664 votes
    10y

    @pete tam,

    The California broker exam is a 5 hour exam seperates into two separate 2.5 hour sections totaling 200 questions. You need at least a 75% to pass. I found that the real estate trainers curriculum was the best. I completed all the practice exam questions in their binder and took their weekend crash course in Santa Ana. I found that the broker exam was a lot more challenging than the sales exam. Hope this helps,

  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    10y

    take the weekend review at real estate traineres in Santa Ana, They are the best. Try and schedule the exam Monday Tuesday.

  • Real Estate Broker · Johns Creek, GA · Member since 2009 · 870 posts · 664 votes
    10y

    @Vanessa Zhang,

    I apologize for responding so late to your inquiry about the California Broker Exam last August. Unfortunately I just read your post and I really hope you passed the second time. 

    For those of you taking the California Broker Exam and want a sure way to pass on the first try, this is what I would recommend. I have no affiliation with ReTrainerca, but as someone who used their weekend crash course, I felt their study material prepared me the best to pass the California Broker Exam. It took me 2 tries to pass the exam and I am sure many of you rather pass the exam on your first try (5 hours) rather than 10 hour exam time I had to go through.

    Once you register for ReTrainersCa you are able to attend the 2 day crash course as many times you would like within the first 12 months. I would attend the first time without any preparation and highlight all the important items that the instructor tells you to highlight. Then I would take good month to focus on studying and understanding all the highlighted concepts. Try your best to complete all 1500 test questions in the book. I would then schedule a time for the exam and again take the 2 day ReTrainersca weekend crash course the day or two before the actual exam.    

    I created a cheat sheet on both side of the 8x11 paper that I felt were all the important concepts that would be tested on the exam. After the first 2.5 hour session, the instructor let's you take a break for about an hour. Rather than chatting with people or taking a lunch break, I would recommend that you go back to your car and look over the cheat sheet and quickly look over all the question that were not tested in the first half as they will appear on the second 2.5 hour session of the exam. I know this may be a little bit of a over kill but the second time around my goal was not to barely pass with a 76, but shoot for the 100.

    If you follow my advice... you are almost certain to pass on your first try. Good luck!    

  • Investor · san jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    A bit late but to anyone else reading this post - that test is not easy at all - I was fortunate to pass the first time around (actually a bit surprised since i thought i failed).  Obvious advice, but the more you study the better of you'll be  - can't cut any corners.

    This site helped me out quite a bit - it's free and some of the questions seemed really similar to the ones on the actual exam: http://realestatepreparation.com/...other than that i just bought all the books i could find on amazon.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2008 · 10 posts · 9 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Karen Ann:

    Try www.passtherealestatetest.com

    Actual up to date and current exam information written by the same lawyers who wrote the exam.

     Given that the website does not include it's address and business information in the footer, as required by law, is using the California State Seal without permission (it's obviously not a state run entity or affiliated in any way), and does not provide any details or information on who is behind the site and how they supposedly are affiliated with the attorneys who wrote the state exam....I would be highly suspect of anything this site has to offer. 

    If the person writing the information used online study courses and failed 3 times, I would question the 139 IQ. That's an extremely high IQ (less than 1% of the population).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.