Good area to invest in dallas

Good area to invest in dallas

Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Hello

I am new to real estate. I am interested in dallas market. Looking for a property in a good school district (B+) with lower property tax. What areas would you suggest? Cashflow in the initial years is not important but breaking even would be great. 

2Reply
90 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2024 · 27 posts · 13 votes
2y

@Karan Shah The popular answer always seems to be anywhere in Collin County. However, I like the prospect of the far northwest suburbs of Fort Worth like: Haslet, Justin, Saginaw and Rhome. We've had great success in these areas!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Dallas Fort Worth · Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Karan Shah:

    Hello

    I am new to real estate. I am interested in dallas market. Looking for a property in a good school district (B+) with lower property tax. What areas would you suggest? Cashflow in the initial years is not important but breaking even would be great. 

    North of Dallas is where growth is. Areas between Celina, Mellissa, Anna till Sherman are going to be boom towns for SFH. Cash flow in this market would be bit of challenging unless you are putting a good down payment. Good luck !! 
  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    I'd look at Anna or Sherman. Probably cash flow or break even often requires 30-40% down. There can be exceptions, but that is the standard deal. Still good growth in jobs and population. Celina and Melissa are nice places, but HOA neighborhoods are often not investor friendly in those areas and can cause a lot of problems. Some of the HOAs have become very restrictive against investors.

  • Property Manager · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2024 · 27 posts · 13 votes
    2y

    @Karan Shah The popular answer always seems to be anywhere in Collin County. However, I like the prospect of the far northwest suburbs of Fort Worth like: Haslet, Justin, Saginaw and Rhome. We've had great success in these areas!

  • Diego AlvaradoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2016 · 297 posts · 139 votes
    2y

    @Karan Shah, I will say that what Michael has mentioned is a better choice. Collin County seems to be over price, the same than Denton County, though you could find some deals there is always a challenge to find the right one.

    One thing to take in mind is the maintenance cost, Fort Worth has older houses that will cause issues on the maintenance, if you are looking low maintenance you will need to look a few and identify how you fell comfortable.

    • Kyle MccawBusiness Member
      Property Manager · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      2y

      @Karan Shah 

      @Michael McKinney is dead on. Tarrant county is so overlooked by landlord investors but it seems the list of large companies building large facilities with lots of employees on the Fort Worth side is never-ending.

      McCaw Property Management4.4905 Reviews
    • Joe FunariBusiness Member
      Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2017 · 850 posts · 825 votes
      2y

      @Karan Shah I am helping a lot of clients purchase in Tarrant county where Ft. Worth is located But also Wise and Parker Counties. I am seeing a lot of great investment deals in these three counties. Both @Kyle Mccaw & @Michael McKinney are spot on which cities in these counties we are finding good investment deals. I will be glad to help you with your search. Hope this helps.

    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.