๐๐ง ๐๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐๐๐๐, ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ ๐๐ largest U.S. metro areas had housing inventory above pre-pandemic levels.
This isnโt just data. ๐๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐ซ๐๐๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐.
Markets like Austin, Denver, and Memphis now have significantly more homes available than they did in 2019, creating real chances for creative investors who know how to move when others hesitate and dawdle.
More inventory = less competition
Less competition = more negotiating power
More negotiating power = better deals for you
If you're still sitting on the sidelines, ask yourself: what exactly are you waiting for?
๐๐ง ๐๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐๐๐๐, ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ ๐๐ largest U.S. metro areas had housing inventory above pre-pandemic levels.
This isnโt just data. ๐๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐ซ๐๐๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐.
Markets like Austin, Denver, and Memphis now have significantly more homes available than they did in 2019, creating real chances for creative investors who know how to move when others hesitate and dawdle.
More inventory = less competition
Less competition = more negotiating power
More negotiating power = better deals for you
If you're still sitting on the sidelines, ask yourself: what exactly are you waiting for?
@Michael Carbonare, I couldn't agree more with this. @Joe Villeneuve, you are 100% right about that! Too many "Investors" watching the stock market and news headlines and not actually studying the market and consulting with their agent and are waiting on "the right deal" just to fall in their lap. Real deals are found in #'s. Offers going out, negotiations happening, seller problems being solved. This is the best time to do it!
"Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful" - Warren Buffett
LOL, Joe. I think the student loans forgiveness fiasco started an avalanche down a very slippery slope.
It's the generation of handouts. It amazes me every day just how many people expect things handed to them, or just as bad, are not willing to do the "process" to get where they want. This means, there is no understanding of the process, so there is not idea of how to solve the problems they encounter. So, the answer is to just replace or have someone else give it to them (instant gratification need), instead of just solving it themselves. They can't, because they have no idea how they got there in the first place.
LOL, Joe. I think the student loans forgiveness fiasco started an avalanche down a very slippery slope.
It's the generation of handouts. It amazes me every day just how many people expect things handed to them, or just as bad, are not willing to do the "process" to get where they want. This means, there is no understanding of the process, so there is not idea of how to solve the problems they encounter. So, the answer is to just replace or have someone else give it to them (instant gratification need), instead of just solving it themselves. They can't, because they have no idea how they got there in the first place.
Yep
So many newbies expect to be handed all the knowledge experienced investors have accumulated from the school of hard knocks - and they expect it immediately, for free, with no strings attached!
90% of them don't even take the time to give a Vote here on BP:(
๐๐ง ๐๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐๐๐๐, ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ ๐๐ largest U.S. metro areas had housing inventory above pre-pandemic levels.
This isnโt just data. ๐๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐ซ๐๐๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐.
Markets like Austin, Denver, and Memphis now have significantly more homes available than they did in 2019, creating real chances for creative investors who know how to move when others hesitate and dawdle.
More inventory = less competition
Less competition = more negotiating power
More negotiating power = better deals for you
If you're still sitting on the sidelines, ask yourself: what exactly are you waiting for?
๐๐ง ๐๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐๐๐๐, ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ ๐๐ largest U.S. metro areas had housing inventory above pre-pandemic levels.
This isnโt just data. ๐๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐ซ๐๐๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐.
Markets like Austin, Denver, and Memphis now have significantly more homes available than they did in 2019, creating real chances for creative investors who know how to move when others hesitate and dawdle.
More inventory = less competition
Less competition = more negotiating power
More negotiating power = better deals for you
If you're still sitting on the sidelines, ask yourself: what exactly are you waiting for?
@Michael Carbonare, I couldn't agree more with this. @Joe Villeneuve, you are 100% right about that! Too many "Investors" watching the stock market and news headlines and not actually studying the market and consulting with their agent and are waiting on "the right deal" just to fall in their lap. Real deals are found in #'s. Offers going out, negotiations happening, seller problems being solved. This is the best time to do it!
"Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful" - Warren Buffett
๐๐ง ๐๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐๐๐๐, ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ ๐๐ largest U.S. metro areas had housing inventory above pre-pandemic levels.
This isnโt just data. ๐๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐ซ๐๐๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐.
Markets like Austin, Denver, and Memphis now have significantly more homes available than they did in 2019, creating real chances for creative investors who know how to move when others hesitate and dawdle.
More inventory = less competition
Less competition = more negotiating power
More negotiating power = better deals for you
If you're still sitting on the sidelines, ask yourself: what exactly are you waiting for?
@Michael Carbonare, I couldn't agree more with this. @Joe Villeneuve, you are 100% right about that! Too many "Investors" watching the stock market and news headlines and not actually studying the market and consulting with their agent and are waiting on "the right deal" just to fall in their lap. Real deals are found in #'s. Offers going out, negotiations happening, seller problems being solved. This is the best time to do it!
"Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful" - Warren Buffett
This quote couldn't be more true right now!
>Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful
LOL. If you think this market is what Warren Buffett was talking about when he used the word fear you haven't ever seen anything even remotely resembling fear.
๐๐ง ๐๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐๐๐๐, ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ ๐๐ largest U.S. metro areas had housing inventory above pre-pandemic levels.
This isnโt just data. ๐๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐ซ๐๐๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐.
Markets like Austin, Denver, and Memphis now have significantly more homes available than they did in 2019, creating real chances for creative investors who know how to move when others hesitate and dawdle.
More inventory = less competition
Less competition = more negotiating power
More negotiating power = better deals for you
If you're still sitting on the sidelines, ask yourself: what exactly are you waiting for?
@Michael Carbonare, I couldn't agree more with this. @Joe Villeneuve, you are 100% right about that! Too many "Investors" watching the stock market and news headlines and not actually studying the market and consulting with their agent and are waiting on "the right deal" just to fall in their lap. Real deals are found in #'s. Offers going out, negotiations happening, seller problems being solved. This is the best time to do it!
"Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful" - Warren Buffett
Anyone interested in helping us do a deal? We have identified a commercial property for our business. We want to buy it. We have an established business but not the liquidity. We need help getting in the door. We are going to sell our house And use that equity as part of the deal. We will buy a RV and park it in the back for a few years. We are all in. This is my first post on this platform. Not sure how this whole thing works. But if you are interested or know anyone that might be we would be happy to talk to you.
Real Estate Broker ยท New York, NY ยท Member since 2020 ยท 2k+ posts ยท 1k+ votes
1y
Thatโs the truth right there. The "perfect time" everyone waits for doesnโt show up with flashing lights โ itโs moments like this, where the shift is happening, that open the door. Inventory is finally creeping back up in key markets, and the frenzy has cooled off just enough for smart buyers to step in with leverage. If youโve been watching and waiting, itโs time to stop watching and start moving. The windowโs not wide open forever.
Investor ยท Fort Lauderdale, FL ยท Member since 2013 ยท 919 posts ยท 607 votes
1y
You're preaching to the choir, Mohammed. This the type of market that an aspiring looks at in the rear view mirror a year from now and shakes their head with regret. Much like I do with bitcoin when it was $5. LOL
"The things that come to those that wait, are the things that are left behind, by those that got there first."
That's the tagline on all my emails.
"stop thinking just buy the overpriced shack" - sun tzu
Nobody said buy garbage. The statements mean "the deals ARE out there", with the operative word being "deals".
Yeah that's what they all say.
That attitude, your limiting beliefs Sam, is why your a ragging failure.
And will continue as that failure, no matter how "perfect" things ever are.
It's a you issue Sam, not a market thing. Until you grow up and realize this, well, your gonna have no shortage of content for your marter complex.
Come down off the cross, build a bridge with the wood, and get-over-it........
Success and victories are MADE, never discovered.
Absolute brain rot. If BiggerPockets replaced 90% of its user base with AI bots I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
I'm a value investor and this is not a good market for people who actually care about value. No amount of motivational real estate propaganda slop changes that reality. I have better things to do with my time than fight over mediocre crap shacks at top dollar with people like you.
Also you're a real estate broker shilling for clients on biggerpockets and I'm basically retired at 36 so who's the failure here cause it ain't me.
"The things that come to those that wait, are the things that are left behind, by those that got there first."
That's the tagline on all my emails.
"stop thinking just buy the overpriced shack" - sun tzu
Nobody said buy garbage. The statements mean "the deals ARE out there", with the operative word being "deals".
Yeah that's what they all say.
That attitude, your limiting beliefs Sam, is why your a ragging failure.
And will continue as that failure, no matter how "perfect" things ever are.
It's a you issue Sam, not a market thing. Until you grow up and realize this, well, your gonna have no shortage of content for your marter complex.
Come down off the cross, build a bridge with the wood, and get-over-it........
Success and victories are MADE, never discovered.
@James Hamling You called Sam a "ragging failure" I would like to know how you know if he is a ragging failure? I mean he made some comments on here and I understand that you may not agree with them but I am not sure how YOU came up with the ragging failure. I really would like to see your explanation.
"The things that come to those that wait, are the things that are left behind, by those that got there first."
That's the tagline on all my emails.
"stop thinking just buy the overpriced shack" - sun tzu
Nobody said buy garbage. The statements mean "the deals ARE out there", with the operative word being "deals".
Yeah that's what they all say.
That attitude, your limiting beliefs Sam, is why your a ragging failure.
And will continue as that failure, no matter how "perfect" things ever are.
It's a you issue Sam, not a market thing. Until you grow up and realize this, well, your gonna have no shortage of content for your marter complex.
Come down off the cross, build a bridge with the wood, and get-over-it........
Success and victories are MADE, never discovered.
Absolute brain rot. If BiggerPockets replaced 90% of its user base with AI bots I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
I'm a value investor and this is not a good market for people who actually care about value. No amount of motivational real estate propaganda slop changes that reality. I have better things to do with my time than fight over mediocre crap shacks at top dollar with people like you.
Also you're a real estate broker shilling for clients on biggerpockets and I'm basically retired at 36 so who's the failure here cause it ain't me.
Sam, you need to take a pill. Your disdain for most of the comments on BP is interesting. First, most of the comments you read (and obviously are over your head) are based on finding deals. not just property. This post, and most of the comments made here, stress the need to find actual deals. Deals are properties that make money. I know there are many here that are willing to rationalize a bad deal into a good one, and end up with garbage,...but pretty garbage. I'm not in favor of accepting a bad deal, with rose colored glasses. I want a "deal", not just a property. This means I have to make them. You make them through analysis, and learning as many strategies as you can. Then apply the right strategy, the right property. Second, and this is a big one. You seem to have a great disdain for the comments made based on your description of "human AI" that make all these comments you disagree with. That being the case, why are you here? I would think you wouldn't want to stay on an information/comments website, if you thought the info and comments were given by human AI.
"The things that come to those that wait, are the things that are left behind, by those that got there first."
That's the tagline on all my emails.
"stop thinking just buy the overpriced shack" - sun tzu
Nobody said buy garbage. The statements mean "the deals ARE out there", with the operative word being "deals".
Yeah that's what they all say.
That attitude, your limiting beliefs Sam, is why your a ragging failure.
And will continue as that failure, no matter how "perfect" things ever are.
It's a you issue Sam, not a market thing. Until you grow up and realize this, well, your gonna have no shortage of content for your marter complex.
Come down off the cross, build a bridge with the wood, and get-over-it........
Success and victories are MADE, never discovered.
Absolute brain rot. If BiggerPockets replaced 90% of its user base with AI bots I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
I'm a value investor and this is not a good market for people who actually care about value. No amount of motivational real estate propaganda slop changes that reality. I have better things to do with my time than fight over mediocre crap shacks at top dollar with people like you.
Also you're a real estate broker shilling for clients on biggerpockets and I'm basically retired at 36 so who's the failure here cause it ain't me.
Sam, you need to take a pill. Your disdain for most of the comments on BP is interesting. First, most of the comments you read (and obviously are over your head) are based on finding deals. not just property. This post, and most of the comments made here, stress the need to find actual deals. Deals are properties that make money. I know there are many here that are willing to rationalize a bad deal into a good one, and end up with garbage,...but pretty garbage. I'm not in favor of accepting a bad deal, with rose colored glasses. I want a "deal", not just a property. This means I have to make them. You make them through analysis, and learning as many strategies as you can. Then apply the right strategy, the right property. Second, and this is a big one. You seem to have a great disdain for the comments made based on your description of "human AI" that make all these comments you disagree with. That being the case, why are you here? I would think you wouldn't want to stay on an information/comments website, if you thought the info and comments were given by human AI.
>and obviously are over your head
Stopped reading. Ironic considering your complete lack of understanding of the position you are criticizing.
"The things that come to those that wait, are the things that are left behind, by those that got there first."
That's the tagline on all my emails.
"stop thinking just buy the overpriced shack" - sun tzu
Nobody said buy garbage. The statements mean "the deals ARE out there", with the operative word being "deals".
Yeah that's what they all say.
That attitude, your limiting beliefs Sam, is why your a ragging failure.
And will continue as that failure, no matter how "perfect" things ever are.
It's a you issue Sam, not a market thing. Until you grow up and realize this, well, your gonna have no shortage of content for your marter complex.
Come down off the cross, build a bridge with the wood, and get-over-it........
Success and victories are MADE, never discovered.
Absolute brain rot. If BiggerPockets replaced 90% of its user base with AI bots I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
I'm a value investor and this is not a good market for people who actually care about value. No amount of motivational real estate propaganda slop changes that reality. I have better things to do with my time than fight over mediocre crap shacks at top dollar with people like you.
Also you're a real estate broker shilling for clients on biggerpockets and I'm basically retired at 36 so who's the failure here cause it ain't me.
Sam, you need to take a pill. Your disdain for most of the comments on BP is interesting. First, most of the comments you read (and obviously are over your head) are based on finding deals. not just property. This post, and most of the comments made here, stress the need to find actual deals. Deals are properties that make money. I know there are many here that are willing to rationalize a bad deal into a good one, and end up with garbage,...but pretty garbage. I'm not in favor of accepting a bad deal, with rose colored glasses. I want a "deal", not just a property. This means I have to make them. You make them through analysis, and learning as many strategies as you can. Then apply the right strategy, the right property. Second, and this is a big one. You seem to have a great disdain for the comments made based on your description of "human AI" that make all these comments you disagree with. That being the case, why are you here? I would think you wouldn't want to stay on an information/comments website, if you thought the info and comments were given by human AI.
>and obviously are over your head
Stopped reading. Ironic considering your complete lack of understanding of the position you are criticizing.
Just trying to be helpful. By the way, I know a good doctor for when you eventually fall off that horse.
"The things that come to those that wait, are the things that are left behind, by those that got there first."
That's the tagline on all my emails.
"stop thinking just buy the overpriced shack" - sun tzu
Nobody said buy garbage. The statements mean "the deals ARE out there", with the operative word being "deals".
Yeah that's what they all say.
That attitude, your limiting beliefs Sam, is why your a ragging failure.
And will continue as that failure, no matter how "perfect" things ever are.
It's a you issue Sam, not a market thing. Until you grow up and realize this, well, your gonna have no shortage of content for your marter complex.
Come down off the cross, build a bridge with the wood, and get-over-it........
Success and victories are MADE, never discovered.
Absolute brain rot. If BiggerPockets replaced 90% of its user base with AI bots I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
I'm a value investor and this is not a good market for people who actually care about value. No amount of motivational real estate propaganda slop changes that reality. I have better things to do with my time than fight over mediocre crap shacks at top dollar with people like you.
Also you're a real estate broker shilling for clients on biggerpockets and I'm basically retired at 36 so who's the failure here cause it ain't me.
Sam, you need to take a pill. Your disdain for most of the comments on BP is interesting. First, most of the comments you read (and obviously are over your head) are based on finding deals. not just property. This post, and most of the comments made here, stress the need to find actual deals. Deals are properties that make money. I know there are many here that are willing to rationalize a bad deal into a good one, and end up with garbage,...but pretty garbage. I'm not in favor of accepting a bad deal, with rose colored glasses. I want a "deal", not just a property. This means I have to make them. You make them through analysis, and learning as many strategies as you can. Then apply the right strategy, the right property. Second, and this is a big one. You seem to have a great disdain for the comments made based on your description of "human AI" that make all these comments you disagree with. That being the case, why are you here? I would think you wouldn't want to stay on an information/comments website, if you thought the info and comments were given by human AI.
>and obviously are over your head
Stopped reading. Ironic considering your complete lack of understanding of the position you are criticizing.
Just trying to be helpful. By the way, I know a good doctor for when you eventually fall off that horse.
Man who makes up bizarre theory that people are looking for "handouts" in a thread about real estate sentiment says I'm on a high horse.
"The things that come to those that wait, are the things that are left behind, by those that got there first."
That's the tagline on all my emails.
"stop thinking just buy the overpriced shack" - sun tzu
Nobody said buy garbage. The statements mean "the deals ARE out there", with the operative word being "deals".
Yeah that's what they all say.
That attitude, your limiting beliefs Sam, is why your a ragging failure.
And will continue as that failure, no matter how "perfect" things ever are.
It's a you issue Sam, not a market thing. Until you grow up and realize this, well, your gonna have no shortage of content for your marter complex.
Come down off the cross, build a bridge with the wood, and get-over-it........
Success and victories are MADE, never discovered.
@James Hamling You called Sam a "ragging failure" I would like to know how you know if he is a ragging failure? I mean he made some comments on here and I understand that you may not agree with them but I am not sure how YOU came up with the ragging failure. I really would like to see your explanation.
Well, when you been around the block as many times as I have you come to learn a thing or 2. Namely that people that exceptionally negative and absolute in their misery, shouting to convince everyone that it's the worlds fault..... well there just miserable people in general.
Miserable people live a miserable life, and are oh-so-sure it's the worlds fault, the markets fault, the ex's fault, it's always the fault of, of, of.....
Which is why they learn all but nothing, grow all but nothing, evolve all but nothing, and reap the rewards of failure repetitive. Because in their mind it's never their fault, there too dang perfect to ever gotten anything wrong, it "them" who did it to them.......
He told us all exactly who he is, which says everything about how his life is. If you can't read the tea leaves that's fine, but doesn't mean others can't.
Succesful people never play the victim, don't believe in blame and are all but immune to misery. Because it is the mindset that success blooms from, not the other way around.
Nothing good grows out of sand and rock.
I don't need to know him to know him; his misery and everest sized chip on the shoulder speaks volumes.
"The things that come to those that wait, are the things that are left behind, by those that got there first."
That's the tagline on all my emails.
"stop thinking just buy the overpriced shack" - sun tzu
Nobody said buy garbage. The statements mean "the deals ARE out there", with the operative word being "deals".
Yeah that's what they all say.
That attitude, your limiting beliefs Sam, is why your a ragging failure.
And will continue as that failure, no matter how "perfect" things ever are.
It's a you issue Sam, not a market thing. Until you grow up and realize this, well, your gonna have no shortage of content for your marter complex.
Come down off the cross, build a bridge with the wood, and get-over-it........
Success and victories are MADE, never discovered.
Absolute brain rot. If BiggerPockets replaced 90% of its user base with AI bots I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
I'm a value investor and this is not a good market for people who actually care about value. No amount of motivational real estate propaganda slop changes that reality. I have better things to do with my time than fight over mediocre crap shacks at top dollar with people like you.
Also you're a real estate broker shilling for clients on biggerpockets and I'm basically retired at 36 so who's the failure here cause it ain't me.
Man, this thread went off the rails quickly. Call me crazy, but I think I agree with @Sam B. and @Joe Villeneuve
Personally, I don't think the deals are worth fighting for. The people getting them are working way harder than I want to. However, I do believe that there are deals out there for those hardworking, clever, and industrious enough.
I'll just fund mutual funds until the fish return to the barrels so that I can shoot them the way I like. There's way too much BS in real estate to not get a premium with less effort, imo.
"The things that come to those that wait, are the things that are left behind, by those that got there first."
That's the tagline on all my emails.
"stop thinking just buy the overpriced shack" - sun tzu
Nobody said buy garbage. The statements mean "the deals ARE out there", with the operative word being "deals".
Yeah that's what they all say.
That attitude, your limiting beliefs Sam, is why your a ragging failure.
And will continue as that failure, no matter how "perfect" things ever are.
It's a you issue Sam, not a market thing. Until you grow up and realize this, well, your gonna have no shortage of content for your marter complex.
Come down off the cross, build a bridge with the wood, and get-over-it........
Success and victories are MADE, never discovered.
@James Hamling You called Sam a "ragging failure" I would like to know how you know if he is a ragging failure? I mean he made some comments on here and I understand that you may not agree with them but I am not sure how YOU came up with the ragging failure. I really would like to see your explanation.
Well, when you been around the block as many times as I have you come to learn a thing or 2. Namely that people that exceptionally negative and absolute in their misery, shouting to convince everyone that it's the worlds fault..... well there just miserable people in general.
Miserable people live a miserable life, and are oh-so-sure it's the worlds fault, the markets fault, the ex's fault, it's always the fault of, of, of.....
Which is why they learn all but nothing, grow all but nothing, evolve all but nothing, and reap the rewards of failure repetitive. Because in their mind it's never their fault, there too dang perfect to ever gotten anything wrong, it "them" who did it to them.......
He told us all exactly who he is, which says everything about how his life is. If you can't read the tea leaves that's fine, but doesn't mean others can't.
Succesful people never play the victim, don't believe in blame and are all but immune to misery. Because it is the mindset that success blooms from, not the other way around.
Nothing good grows out of sand and rock.
I don't need to know him to know him; his misery and everest sized chip on the shoulder speaks volumes.
You are actually insane. I said none of this. What I said was I wasn't particularly interested in buying real estate right now. The numbers are not good. And then you lashed out and started calling me a failure. Yet I'm the miserable one. You can't make this stuff up.
Man, this thread went off the rails quickly. Call me crazy, but I think I agree with @Sam B. and @Joe Villeneuve
Personally, I don't think the deals are worth fighting for. The people getting them are working way harder than I want to. However, I do believe that there are deals out there for those hardworking, clever, and industrious enough.
I'll just fund mutual funds until the fish return to the barrels so that I can shoot them the way I like. There's way too much BS in real estate to not get a premium with less effort, imo.
People will throw out "just buy good deals" as if this hasn't occurred to us to just ignore market conditions and magically conjure up some real estate at prices we like. Of course! This stuff has to be found, it has opportunity cost, and it doesn't violate any law of physics that I'm aware of to buy something that's not real estate if the ROI on both your money and time is better.
Man, this thread went off the rails quickly. Call me crazy, but I think I agree with @Sam B. and @Joe Villeneuve
Personally, I don't think the deals are worth fighting for. The people getting them are working way harder than I want to. However, I do believe that there are deals out there for those hardworking, clever, and industrious enough.
I'll just fund mutual funds until the fish return to the barrels so that I can shoot them the way I like. There's way too much BS in real estate to not get a premium with less effort, imo.
People will throw out "just buy good deals" as if this hasn't occurred to us to just ignore market conditions and magically conjure up some real estate at prices we like. Of course! This stuff has to be found, it has opportunity cost, and it doesn't violate any law of physics that I'm aware of to buy something that's not real estate if the ROI on both your money and time is better.
There are ALWAYS good deals. Not in every market, but all that means is find a different market that does have good deals, or don't buy. Saying that the general market is bad is lazy thinking. The general market impacts all small markets, differently. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. Just find the smaller specific markets that do have deals, and buyt hose.
๐๐ง ๐๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐๐๐๐, ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐จ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ ๐๐ largest U.S. metro areas had housing inventory above pre-pandemic levels.
This isnโt just data. ๐๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ฉ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐ซ๐๐๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐.
Markets like Austin, Denver, and Memphis now have significantly more homes available than they did in 2019, creating real chances for creative investors who know how to move when others hesitate and dawdle.
More inventory = less competition
Less competition = more negotiating power
More negotiating power = better deals for you
If you're still sitting on the sidelines, ask yourself: what exactly are you waiting for?
I assume that you are selling training as the motivation for this post.
Rental Property Investor ยท Gilbert, AZ ยท Member since 2016 ยท 3k+ posts ยท 4k+ votes
1y
This thread is full of a lot talk and opinions. Let's look at actual data to see if it is a good time or not to get deals. Here are my last 2 deals that I purchased:
I put about 15k into fixing it up. The closing costs to purchase were about 7k and holding costs have been about 5k so far. I have it on the market for 275k for sale. I am also offering seller financing with 10% down or a lease option with a 5k option fee.
If it sells on the market with only 4% in closing costs then I make about 50k but I have to pay more in taxes because of short-term capital gains.
If I do seller financing then I get $27,500 up front I make about 56k over a 3-5 year period but I have no money left in the deal and I can get another deal with their down payment.
If I do a lease with the option to buy I get 5k up front but I have to leave about 10k into the deal but I make about 98k over 3 years if they exercise the option. If they don't then I can do another lease option and make more or I can sell it on the market at that time and only make 86k.
DEAL 2
I bought this house for $206,500. We put about 15k into getting it cleaned up and replacing the carpet downstairs and painting the interior.
Closing costs and holding costs were about the same as the other $12k and I have it on the market for $285,000.
it is also on the market for sale or seller financing or lease option.
Sales estimated profit would be anout $50,000.
Seller financing profit is estimated to be about the same as above 56k with no money left in the deal.
Lease option profit is also estimated to be just under $100,000 between the option fee, the debt pay down, the cash flow, and selling it 10% higher than today's value.
These deals were harder to find in my market a year or more ago. Now I have people calling me up asking if I will buy deals like this.
I would say that deals are out there for those that have more experience and skill. But I would also caution against putting too much in the market right now because things may take longer to sell or you may need to switch strategies and hold on to the deal longer and leave money into the deal. So I would say whatever you decide to do, make sure you have enough money in reserves to handle things when they don't go as planned.
@Shiloh Lundahl I think you're gonna need brighter colors on that 834 Cholla St house. Something that people can see from the street. At this point it kinda disappears into the landscape. haha.
Seriously, they both look like great deals. Well done.
Rental Property Investor ยท Gilbert, AZ ยท Member since 2016 ยท 3k+ posts ยท 4k+ votes
1y
@Chris John that's the color it was when we got it. My wife thinks that we should paint it so it's not so bright, however, I thought it looked awesome. In fact, this is how I wanted to do the kitchen but my wife wouldn't let me. She thought it would shrink the pool of buyers.
What am I waiting for? More money. I have a $36k HELOC and at best $50k of personal savings I could use. What exactly am I going to accomplish with maybe $86k? I agree times are changing but unfortunately I am 2-3 years away from having enough saved up to buy a cash flow property. Especially if I have to hire a contractor to flip it for me
What am I waiting for? More money. I have a $36k HELOC and at best $50k of personal savings I could use. What exactly am I going to accomplish with maybe $86k? I agree times are changing but unfortunately I am 2-3 years away from having enough saved up to buy a cash flow property. Especially if I have to hire a contractor to flip it for me
There are plenty of ways to get into properties for that amount of money. Are you looking to buy cash or to put those funds as a down payment?
What am I waiting for? More money. I have a $36k HELOC and at best $50k of personal savings I could use. What exactly am I going to accomplish with maybe $86k? I agree times are changing but unfortunately I am 2-3 years away from having enough saved up to buy a cash flow property. Especially if I have to hire a contractor to flip it for me
There are plenty of ways to get into properties for that amount of money. Are you looking to buy cash or to put those funds as a down payment?
I agree. What market are you looking in? If that market doesn't work, find one that does.
Here's a story that might help:
"A man goes into the doctor's office. The doctor asks what's the problem. The man says it hurts when I raise my arm". What do you think the doctor says?
@Joe Villeneuve im in the Montgomery Alabama area. Unfortunately I just don't think it's feasibly possible for me to find properties out of state given that I'm not able to travel and scout new areas. I know everyone says Memphis is hot but what most people fail to realize is it's extremely crime ridden. That means if I get a shady realtor who fails to disclose the truth then I end up with some class F property and I lose. I like to invest in areas that I actually know
@Sean Martin well I can't pay cash outright because most properties are at least $150k. And doing a down payment is ok but again, the construction fees will easily hit $100k. I don't have time to do the work myself unless it's small stuff
@Joe Villeneuve im in the Montgomery Alabama area. Unfortunately I just don't think it's feasibly possible for me to find properties out of state given that I'm not able to travel and scout new areas. I know everyone says Memphis is hot but what most people fail to realize is it's extremely crime ridden. That means if I get a shady realtor who fails to disclose the truth then I end up with some class F property and I lose. I like to invest in areas that I actually know
I never said anything about out of state. Montgomery is a huge city. All of Montgomery is not just one market. There are probably 100 different markets in Montgomery. Markets are specific, and not defined buy a state, city, or even a zip code.
@Joe Villeneuve ahh I see what you mean. Yes I am looking in my driving distance area. Montgomery is a little too rough for me to want to invest there but I am looking at surrounding areas. Multi family isn't very popular here