What would you do with $400,000 cash?

What would you do with $400,000 cash?

Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 8 votes

What would you do with $400,000 cash?  My goal is to create passive income because my wife and I are in our 50's with no 401k savings.

What would you recommend for a passive income?

8Reply
201 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Damon Bruceo:

What would you do with $400,000 cash?  My goal is to create passive income because my wife and I are in our 50's with no 401k savings.

What would you recommend for a passive income?


 whatever you do, diversify. do not put all 400k into one investment, I would not do more than 100k in any investment if I had 400k cash.

7e investments53 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    1y

    I agree with Chris-diversify.  Don't try to grow your money quickly-as it is more risky and you could lose it.  If interest rates were lower, I'd say look at some turnkey, long term rentals.  With the current interest rates (which are pretty average) and house prices, I'd look at high yield savings accounts. 

    you don't mention if you own or rent your home. If you rent, look at buying a duplex where you can live on one side and rent the other, but run the numbers to see how that compares to your current living situation.  Also think long term-when you are 65 and possibly retired, do you want to still be paying rent or live in a house with no mortgage?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.