House hacking a duplex and selling it to an LLC - has anyone done this?

House hacking a duplex and selling it to an LLC - has anyone done this?

Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes

I'm looking at a strategy in which I buy a duplex and live in half of it. My business partner and I form an LLC for manage the other side. After two years I then sell the duplex to the LLC. Has anyone done this? How did it work out?
Best, Mike in Indy

0Reply
19 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaycee GreenePro Member
    Real Estate Consultant · St. Louis MSA · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 727 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Michael Kaster:

    I'm looking at a strategy in which I buy a duplex and live in half of it. My business partner and I form an LLC for manage the other side. After two years I then sell the duplex to the LLC. Has anyone done this? How did it work out?
    Best, Mike in Indy

    @Michael Kaster Why are you looking to go through the sale process rather than just moving out?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.