Bed and mattress brand/type/quality for STR and MTR

Bed and mattress brand/type/quality for STR and MTR

Member since 2025 · 17 posts · 5 votes

Hi,

I'm starting out and negotiating my first deal, but to furnish it, I think the most important items for a good sleep for my guests are the beds and mattresses, I would like to know what kind of mattress should I plan to  buy, so I can include it in my budget.

1Reply
64 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan Taylor SmithBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Durham / Raleigh (Triangle), NC · Member since 2015 · 840 posts · 801 votes
    1y

    @Katherine Perez - I have a 2-unit STR where the main house was intended initially to become our new primary residence. So we have 2 adjustable beds (1 split-king and 1 double) with high-end mattresses, massage function, etc... Then we converted the detached garage into a second unit before offering both as STR when our plans to live there permanently changed. But we did not know how well this property would perform as an STR, so we did not want to put as much money into furnishing the garage unit for others as we had put into the main house for ourselves. Thus, we bought the garage unit beds and mattresses from Wayfair on cheap.

    It has been 6 months, and while everyone reports the beds in both units to be "comfortable" - no one raves more about the expensive / adjustable beds in the main house with high-end mattresses. From feedback - you would think the beds in both units are no different. So this leaves me to believe that spending more on high(er)-end beds / mattresses is a waste. I would just order beds and mattresses from Wayfair that have a high star-rating with LOTS of reviews - that are also within your desired budget and fit your style choice. That's my $0.02...

    Blue Chariot Realty & Management4.915 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.