My first deal!

14 Replies

Hey guys I figured I would come in here and speak about my first deal as an investor. I got a pretty good HUD deal that didn't need very much work at all other than paint and a few other minor things. Bought it at a good price, did a little work, and slapped it back on the market. Within a month I had it under contract and set to close at the end of this month! Im also an agent so I was able to get the commission on the buying side and save on the listing side!

Purchase Price: $94,000

Rehab: $3,000

Contracted price:127,000

Holding costs and agent fees: ~$5,000

Im excited and looking forward to my next one but I don't think I'll luck up and find one this easy again. On to the next one!

@Marcus Kennedy ,

It is always nice to hear about a nice deal.

Congratulations!

Raymond

Nice work Kennedy! Keep it up and we will all learn from you very soon:)

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to my next one! Ill keep you updated.

congrats! Where did you do the deal?

@Markeilsha R. In Birmingham, Al where I'm from. It's actually a little city right outside the city limits but for all intents and purposes in Birmingham.

Congratulations, @Marcus Kennedy ! I wish you many more successful ventures like this one.

Congratulations!!!!!

Congratulations!!! That first deal always feels sooooo good. A lot of hard work but it pays off. Looking to hear about your next deal.

Congrats! Not a bad pull for a months time and not much sweat equity involved. :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here