Newbie Bird Dog looking for Mentor in Houston, Tx!

Newbie Bird Dog looking for Mentor in Houston, Tx!

Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Good Afternoon All,

My name is Elizabeth (Lizz is fine as well) and I am taking the step into real estate by wanting to become a bird dog for an experienced real estate investor in the Houston, Tx area. I decided to do so because I have read 4 RE books and watched and read plenty of RE articles, blogs, and forums (BP of course) to learn as much as I can but am ready to get real world experience to not get stuck in the realm of just reading and not doing. I currently reside in the Jersey Village area but am willing to commute to different parts of Houston metro area! I am hoping that this experience will be more of a mentorship and of course great lead generation for the investor! I really want to be included in more than just bird dogging as I would like to gain knowledge of rehabbing, financing, wholesaling, landlording and creative real estate investing. I have registered to attend two real estate workshops in Houston this month to be able to meet and network with more real estate investors. I guess you could say I am reaching out on BP to get a head start! Thanks in advance!

1Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
12y

@Elizabeth Brown

Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 60 past ones to catch up on.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Elizabeth Brown

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 60 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Thanks @Paul Timmins ! I will be definitely be checking out all of this knowledge you have presented. Today I took another step after seeing a lot of contractor vehicles outside of a house, I got a real estate investors contact information that does rehabbing in the Houston area that I can possibly work with! I'm excited!

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 28 votes
    12y
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 481 posts · 189 votes
    12y

    Welcome @Elizabeth Brown

    I'm from Houston as well. let me know if you ever need help with anything

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP community @Elizabeth Brown It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Wishing you the best!

  • Fridley, MN · Member since 2013 · 31 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    welcome and good luck with your journey. There are a lot of networking events in town. You can learn everything from this site. Don't pay for courses and expensive mentors.... I learned the hard way.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.