STARTING OUT: Finding the best wholesale deal

STARTING OUT: Finding the best wholesale deal

Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 3 votes
Hello everyone!!!! This is my first message on BP and I promise it won't be very long!! I have been doing a lot of research and reading tons and tons of articles on wholesaling and I am starting to become very anxious to get started! My only question and would love your feedback is..... How and what should I do first to get started on fining a good deal so I can them advertise for a end buyer? Thank you for reading and hope up hear your thoughts!!! Also, anyone from the Phoenix area I would love to network and learn more from you as well as build connections! Thanks for your consideration! DR
1Reply
14 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2013 · 354 posts · 90 votes
    12y

    @David Rollen welcome! Congrats on your first step towards Real Estate Investing by starting to communicate with the REI community =)

    I would recommend: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/05/03/driving-for-dollars-bible-part-1/

    then go to Part 2.

    You can create a mailing list and find ways to send letters out for a minimal cost if you're boostrappin'. To figure out how you can find strategies by searching BiggerPockets.

    If you send out 100 letters based on the mailing list you created through driving for dollars then I promise you will get a few calls.

    That would be a great way to get started.

    If you have any questions after receiving those calls just jump back on here and post another forum question.

  • Rental Property Investor · Queen Creek, AZ · Member since 2013 · 368 posts · 191 votes
    12y

    You are doing something right now networking. This is essential there are a lot of people in the community that have resources to help you. Attend AZREIA (still networking and education), and become a familiar face at the REI networking events. There are numerous meet ups you can attend in the valley.

    After networking I would say find deals ie..... Drive for dollars, start a small mailing campaign, check craigslist for leads, search the MLS if you have access.

    Continue to spend a little time each day learning (podcast, read blogs, forums, anything)

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    12y
    Marcus Maloney Taylor Jennings Thank you very much your for feedback. It's greatly appreciated. DR
  • Contractor · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome, David! I'm always looking to connect with local wholesalers. Once you get your marketing campaign off the ground and start receiving leads, please reach out. I pay cash and can close quick.

    And btw, you are in the right place for just getting started! BP holds a wealth of information, and will be able to provide nearly everything you need to get your business going!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.