Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2026 · 9 posts · 7 votes
I am a future investor and I am looking for some direction on meetups or other ways I can connect with more experienced investors in my area. Does anyone in the local area (Colorado Springs, CO) have a meet up they go to or a place where many investors tend to be? I am in the learning stage right now, I'm 17 and hoping to begin my investing journey at 18-19. Thanks!
Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 924 votes
4d
Quote from @Josiah Shipp:
I am a future investor and I am looking for some direction on meetups or other ways I can connect with more experienced investors in my area. Does anyone in the local area (Colorado Springs, CO) have a meet up they go to or a place where many investors tend to be? I am in the learning stage right now, I'm 17 and hoping to begin my investing journey at 18-19. Thanks!
At 17, you’ve got a huge head start just by getting around investors now. Check local meetups, BiggerPockets events, and real estate groups, but don’t limit yourself to Colorado Springs either. If you’re open to investing out of state later, the Midwest is worth learning about while you build your network.
Wholesaler · Charleston WV · Member since 2026 · 234 posts · 126 votes
4d
Josiah, I applaud you for getting started so young. At 17, taking the initiative to learn and connect with experienced investors is a great first step.
I'd recommend exploring two paths: learning how to find deals through wholesaling, or working toward an acquisitions role with a local house-flipping or real estate investment company. Finding and evaluating deals is a valuable skill, and working alongside an experienced team can help you learn how the business works firsthand. You could start by reaching out to companies around Colorado Springs and asking whether they need help finding deals or following up on leads.
As you connect with local investors, ask which meetups they regularly attend. That can be a good way to find a group and start building relationships.
Keep taking action and asking questions. If you ever want to talk through getting started, I'd be happy to chat. Feel free to message me here!
Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 924 votes
4d
Quote from @Josiah Shipp:
I am a future investor and I am looking for some direction on meetups or other ways I can connect with more experienced investors in my area. Does anyone in the local area (Colorado Springs, CO) have a meet up they go to or a place where many investors tend to be? I am in the learning stage right now, I'm 17 and hoping to begin my investing journey at 18-19. Thanks!
At 17, you’ve got a huge head start just by getting around investors now. Check local meetups, BiggerPockets events, and real estate groups, but don’t limit yourself to Colorado Springs either. If you’re open to investing out of state later, the Midwest is worth learning about while you build your network.
Specialist · I give advice - [email protected] - I focus on states where investing is profitable, reasonably safe & secure · Member since 2026 · 54 posts · 12 votes
4d
Quote from @Josiah Shipp:
I am a future investor and I am looking for some direction on meetups or other ways I can connect with more experienced investors in my area. Does anyone in the local area (Colorado Springs, CO) have a meet up they go to or a place where many investors tend to be? I am in the learning stage right now, I'm 17 and hoping to begin my investing journey at 18-19. Thanks!
Write out your game plan. Identify what your end goal is and by when. Put in the steps you need to get there. There is a difference between doing fix & flips, buying by using innovative strategies, multi-family, Short Term Rentals, and so on. Make a list of all the types of investing you can find and you can think of and build a grid. Included costs to enter, profits to be made, taxes to pay, time necessary for each type. Learning to invest in real estate is similar to building a house. Investing comes in all varieties and you need to find one you can focus on and that you can enjoy for a long time.