Qualified and Good Registered Agent in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

8 Replies

Hi All - I would appreciate any help with this! My business partner and I are all ready to submit our LLC application in the state of Pennsylvania, but we don't have any recommendations from anyone for a Registered Agent. We want to go with one we can trust, so we just don't want to pick one randomly. Would you have any recommendations? I did read other posts and Northwest Registered Agent, LLC seems to be popular. But do they have a registered agent service in the Philadelphia area? Thank you in advance for any recommendations!

I've used Northwest in multiple states and agree that they get the job done. I cant say that they are good or bad, because they havent really done anything.

I wouldn't put too much though into a registered agent. They're not doing anything particularly complex like an attorney or tax professional.

Any reputable and licensed (if applicable) one should get the job done because their primary function is to be there to receive your service of process.

Thank you, @Jesse Tsai!

I read that if you have a "one guy" registered agent or "mom and pop" and you get served legal papers and you never get them or the Registered Agent is not on top of it......it could really damage your business.

So it sounds like if you don't get issued any legal papers or get contacted for anything legal, the Registered Agent does not do very much.

I appreciate your advice and won't sweat it as much as I have been!

And thank you for letting me know you have used Northwest! That is very helpful!

I use INCORP. You can get a free year for each entity by signing up at freeregisteredagent.com. $99/yr after that.

I use a local Pittsburgh lawfirm they charge me around $700 but they take care of EVERYTHING, makes it much easier all I did was fill out a form and they took care of the rest.

If you would like their information let me know I can get it for you.

I don't know what their prices are, but CT Corp and CSC are national companies that are registered agents. They can assist with your annual secretary of state filings too.

@Fred Topel ,

To make the @ work, do the following:

Hold down the shift key and type @?

Look below this Window, and you will see a list of names of people that have posted in this thread.

Click on the name of the person that you want notified via an email, that you responded to them.

If you are a Colleague with anyone that has NOT posted in the thread, and you want them to see your post, hold down the shift key, type the @ and the first 4 letters of their First or Last Name.

Then look below this Window and click on that person's name.


My attorney offered for free. Chances are if he gets papers on my behalf, he'll need to be looking at them anyway.

Thank you, all!

Thank you for your help! Northwest seems the most promising to us since they have a local RA office listed on the PA Dept of State website and they scan everything (and they can immediately scan and e-mail it to our lawyer at the same time, very helpful)

@Raymond B. - Haha, thank you, finally got it to work! :) Thank you for explaining that!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here