Second Phone Line

Second Phone Line

Warrington, PA · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 0 votes

Hi BiggerPockets Community - thank you for being such an excellent resource! I have a question about a second phone line.  The options are varied and there are pros and cons for each solution. I've come to the conclusion that Line2 is best, but I really wanted to hear from others with experience. The following is a result of my analysis:

1. Google Voice - changed since Google Hangout began and now it isn't just for  a second phone line but a lot of features that are not necessary

2. Grasshopper - read some good things about this service, but not any from BiggerPockets members

3.  One Suite for Business - has great features but more features than the second phone line and may be too much for a business that does not need multiple phone lines

4. Line2 - just as the name suggests, this is for those businesses that just want to add a second phone line.... And it is cloud based so you don't need a new dedicated phone for using it... And it can be used by one cell phone at a time so more than one cell phone can access it.  It also has voice mail by email as an option and auto attendant

5. RingCentral - read about it by others at BiggerPockets but seems like a lot more than a second phone line

So I'm leaning toward Line2 but wanted to see if anyone has a great experience with it or with other options.  Thank you very much in advance! Thank you BiggerPockets Community!

0Reply
32 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    I vote RingCentral.... I have had as many as 70 plus telephone numbers with them and find that their reporting and call transfer features are excellent. And they were very easy to port numbers with...

    The only negative is the communication barrier... However over the last year or two I haven't really needed customer service.. 

    I also hear that they just introduced their video call service... Which I am going to love. 

  • Accountant · Fresno, CA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Michael Quarles  for mentioning Line2 I'm going to check them out as well, thanks.

  • Warrington, PA · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    12y

     Thank you @Michael Quarles !  In addition to Line2, I will look into RingCentral more!  Thanks to you both!

  • Investor · Kent, WA · Member since 2015 · 624 posts · 274 votes
    11y

    has anyone had any experience with Vumber?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.