Second Phone Line

4 Replies

Hi BiggerPockets Community - thank you for being such an excellent resource! I have a question about a second phone line.  The options are varied and there are pros and cons for each solution. I've come to the conclusion that Line2 is best, but I really wanted to hear from others with experience. The following is a result of my analysis:

1. Google Voice - changed since Google Hangout began and now it isn't just for  a second phone line but a lot of features that are not necessary

2. Grasshopper - read some good things about this service, but not any from BiggerPockets members

3.  One Suite for Business - has great features but more features than the second phone line and may be too much for a business that does not need multiple phone lines

4. Line2 - just as the name suggests, this is for those businesses that just want to add a second phone line.... And it is cloud based so you don't need a new dedicated phone for using it... And it can be used by one cell phone at a time so more than one cell phone can access it.  It also has voice mail by email as an option and auto attendant

5. RingCentral - read about it by others at BiggerPockets but seems like a lot more than a second phone line

So I'm leaning toward Line2 but wanted to see if anyone has a great experience with it or with other options.  Thank you very much in advance! Thank you BiggerPockets Community!

I vote RingCentral.... I have had as many as 70 plus telephone numbers with them and find that their reporting and call transfer features are excellent. And they were very easy to port numbers with...

The only negative is the communication barrier... However over the last year or two I haven't really needed customer service.. 

I also hear that they just introduced their video call service... Which I am going to love. 

@Michael Q. Thanks for sharing that, I'm going to check them out. I was going to start looking into that myself. Also thanks @Fred Topel   for mentioning Line2 I'm going to check them out as well, thanks.

Thank you @Michael Q.  and glad this thread is helpful to you @Isaias Arroyo  !  In addition to Line2, I will look into RingCentral more!  Thanks to you both!

has anyone had any experience with Vumber?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.