My name is Sophia Brown and i'm a newbie.

6 Replies

Hello, my name is Sophia this is my first time being in a discussion. I'm just starting out and want to step out into the real estate world. I must say i am nerveous,have anyone starting out  felt this way?

The first step is always the toughest. You look back years later at a feeling of pride for doing and accomplishing what most people still wish they would do in life.

The key is that when you are looking at  a property for your first one that you BUY RIGHT and by putting questions here it should help to see some things you might not have the experience for yet.

BP members have given some new investors great info to help keep from buying some horrible deals before. 

@Sophia Brown  

Welcome. Everyone experiences fear starting out remember FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real. Time to build the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 80 past ones to catch up on.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good luck

Paul

Hi @Sophia Brown  

Everyone has experienced that nervousness!!! You will be fine with the proper guidance and BP will definitely give you that!!

Good Luck Investing!!

Thanks,  and yes i been reading alot that BP has and im so excited!! Theres alot to learn and i'm ready to recieve it.

Hi Sophia

Welcome to BP, the REI learning/networking capital of the web. Happy and prosperous investing. See you around.

Kudos,

Mary

One thing I would recommend is feel free to ask questions and post it on forum. Many a times we are hesitant to post a question, but surprisingly you will find there are lot of ways to answer the question and its always to get to have multiple perspectives.

Just ask the questions and follow up with people, keep in touch

Also would recommend reading How do I find a Mentor?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here