Criteria sheet - For Real estate agents

6 Replies

Hello BP, 

I have been working with agents and had some success, but I am being overloaded with the automatic MLS alerts filling my inbox.

I heard on another Podcast that some investors provide a "Criteria Sheet" to the agents they work with. 

I was curious if anyone on here is utilizing this method, and might be able to share an example?

I've got one Realtor sending me any manufactured homes, and expired manufactured home leads. Thats a pretty small list and rather than an automatic update its a once a month thing - if I ask.

I have had another Realtor set up multiple criteria searches which were great! One was 2-4 units, within a certain price range, in a certain number of zip codes. Another was 3/2 only at a certain price range in a certain area. I'm surprised that these Realtors haven't just sat you down and asked exactly what you're looking for. 

As an agent, Searches with in a certain price range, area, type are very easy to set up.  Ask you agent to narrow your search, they might not understand just what you are looking for. If that doesn't help, find a new agent!

Best of Luck!

Thank you @Steven J.   and @Shelli Callan great advice I will put into action! 

I guess I heard the suggestion for a criteria sheet, and was wondering if there was some secret sauce I was missing.

@Garrick Oconnell I'm asking the same questions to myself.

Hello @Kyle Baker I received one from another recourse please Direct message me your email and I will send it to you. Same goes for anyone else. 

I'm also looking for a "Criteria Sheet" to send  the agents I work with.  Can someone share with me an example?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.