• Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Phone Line Tip!

Mark Moore
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jul 23 2015, 08:45

Thought I would share a quick tip. Often in this business, you have the need for multiple phone lines. You may have google numbers that you need to link to an actual phone, or craigslist postings to verify, etc. 

Without dropping a big sum of money, I have found a couple ways to accomplish this:

1. Buy a prepaid tracphone. Usually you can get a cheap flip phone and a handful of minutes for around 25-30 dollars. 

2. This is the one I like: using an old phone that is no longer active, go to ringplus.net and verify that you can do the BYOD (bring your own device) program. Activate it with their free plan, and you're set! I just dusted off a 2-year-old POS flip phone last night and activated it for free, and have a 200 minute/50 text. 

At this point, I have 4 different phones, all linked to google voice. You can use them for different marketing campaigns, or for craigslist/gmail verification. You can't use virtual/pbx numbers to verify most accounts, so you actually have to drop a few bucks..

In case you're wondering, I have no affiliation/reward with any of these companies and just wanted to share a tip that may come in handy if you're trying to build a business on a shoe-string budget in your early days. 

Loading replies...