Advice

Advice

Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone my partner and I are just starting out as Real Estate Investors and are looking for advice on getting started.

0Reply
27 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tavares, FL · Member since 2015 · 110 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    You'll get far better results if you ask specific questions. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Where we are parked · Member since 2013 · 584 posts · 178 votes
    11y

    Hi Frederick,

    Welcome to BP. I agree with Jeremiah, you're asking a very vague, open-ended question. I would recommend starting with the following:

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Cheers!

    Eric

  • Hartsdale, NY · Member since 2015 · 874 posts · 218 votes
    11y

    Join a Real Estate club or a Real Estate Meet Up Group

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 67 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    Since your question is not terribly specific, I'm assuming you're at the "I don't know what I don't know" stage of learning. Start with the Ultimate Beginner's Guide (as Eric suggested). It's a 30,000 foot overview of REI. Once you get the overview, you can drill down into what interests you most and ask more specific questions about how to get there.

    Good luck! 

  • San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 39 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    Before finding BP, I learned a lot from youtube :-)  Seems like the easiest route for us newbies is Wholesaling aka Flipping.  Tyrone the Flipman gives alot of free information on his Youtube channel.  Find a group (MeetUp.com) or RE club in your area to visit

  • Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the advice Eric Black and Barbara Goodman.

  • Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks also Kendra Mattson & Budd Haungatau.

  • London, Greater London · Member since 2015 · 108 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    @Frederick Jackson

    Welcome to BP! There are a ton of wealth of information here in BP. I suggest you start out by reading the Ultimate beginner's Guide, watch BP podcasts, webinars. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    11y

    @Frederick Jacksonas others have mentioned keep reading and attend meet up groups.  You need to decide what you want to do.  Don't forget the podcasts.  

    Welcome to BP! 

  • Investor · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @Adrian Smude

    @Arnell Enriquez

    Thanks Guys!!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.