Advice

10 Replies

Hello everyone my partner and I are just starting out as Real Estate Investors and are looking for advice on getting started.

You'll get far better results if you ask specific questions. 

Join a Real Estate club or a Real Estate Meet Up Group

Since your question is not terribly specific, I'm assuming you're at the "I don't know what I don't know" stage of learning. Start with the Ultimate Beginner's Guide (as Eric suggested). It's a 30,000 foot overview of REI. Once you get the overview, you can drill down into what interests you most and ask more specific questions about how to get there.

Good luck! 

Before finding BP, I learned a lot from youtube :-)  Seems like the easiest route for us newbies is Wholesaling aka Flipping.  Tyrone the Flipman gives alot of free information on his Youtube channel.  Find a group (MeetUp.com) or RE club in your area to visit

Thanks for the advice Eric Black and Barbara Goodman.

Thanks also Kendra Mattson & Budd Haungatau.

@Frederick Jackson

Welcome to BP! There are a ton of wealth of information here in BP. I suggest you start out by reading the Ultimate beginner's Guide, watch BP podcasts, webinars. 

@Frederick Jackson as others have mentioned keep reading and attend meet up groups.  You need to decide what you want to do.  Don't forget the podcasts.  

Welcome to BP! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.