Looking for Investors to connect with in Louisville

2 Replies

Hey! I'm looking for investors in Louisville. I'm new to REI, and I'm looking for a decent group that I can learn from. Are there any good groups already up in Louisville?

Hey @Joshua Nobile ,

Welcome to BP and good for you to be thinking about investing and real estate while you are still in school.  I think between the podcast and the forum you have a very amazing group of 'mentors' in the BP community.  I've been soaking up the podcasts for a couple months and wish I had found BP earlier. So much of what took me multiple books and lots of piecemeal conversations is even more readily available for you here on BP.  

It took me 20 years to finally take the plunge and buy a rental property...after years and years of being amazed at little old ladies I met who were living on rental income from properties they had bought with their husbands decades before.  I just couldn't figure out how to make it work for me, how to network, how to start, and frankly I was working on my career and not focused on RE.  After enjoying a fancy car lease for 3 years, 19,000 miles, and $27,000, the lessons I read previously in Richest Man in Babylon and The Millionaire Next Door started to sink in a bit more. Doh!  That coulda been a nice down payment!!  I finally got serious about RE investing a couple years ago and I love it.  I only wish I had started when I was your age!  

Check out @Brandon Turner  's book on investing with  little/no money.  That should have some points that are of interest for you.

Anyhow, it is a bit of a lame suggestion as I have not yet been. But I recently learned that there is a REIA in Louisville. www.kreia.com  I'm planning to go check it out asap, I just haven't been able to yet.  

You will be amazed at the sort of response you will get to a question posted on the forums.  That will far exceed anything I could tell you.  But, I'm happy to be in touch!  

Best regards,

John

@Joshua Nobile - welcome to BP!  I'm a local investor and would be happy to connect with you virtually and see if I can be of any assistance in your journey.  I've been investing in the area for 5+ years now but am no longer living locally so cannot connect in person.  Feel free to PM or email me anytime.

-Michael

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.