Searching for good Mortgage Lender in Minnesota

9 Replies

I am new to investing/wholesaling and have challenged myself to a 90 day deadline for getting started and making things happen. With that being said I am trying to structure and build my Power Team of good, quality, and ethical team members to work with. I am having trouble finding a few prospective assets for my team one of which is an investor friendly mortgage lender in the Minneapolis and surrounding cities area here in Minnesota. If ANYONE is or has another in mind that would be of good reference I would more than greatly appreciate it.

This guy has the most inexpensive terms I have seen. They do traditional and investor loans. They were offing no origination fees and he shops around for the cheapest title insurance available too. 

David Dorman | Senior Mortgage Consultant | NMLS# 1015476

Edge Home Finance | www.EdgeHomeFinance.com

4510 W. 77th St, Ste 380 | Edina, MN 55435

[email protected]

C: 952.426.5194 | O: 612.294.0365 |F: 612.437.4769

Absolutely AMAZING! Thank you so much Greg.

This guy has the most inexpensive terms I have seen. They do traditional and investor loans. They were offing no origination fees and he shops around for the cheapest title insurance available too. 

David Dorman | Senior Mortgage Consultant | NMLS# 1015476

Edge Home Finance | www.EdgeHomeFinance.com

4510 W. 77th St, Ste 380 | Edina, MN 55435

[email protected]

C: 952.426.5194 | O: 612.294.0365 |F: 612.437.4769

sorry for the double post. My browser froze. 

Hello, I have done all of my deals with AJ Kozlak of CMGfinancial.  He is awesome!

AJ Kozlak
Branch Manager Retail Lending
NMLS # 418866
Branch NMLS # 1177426

PHONE: (763) 270-4822
EMAIL: [email protected]

539 Bielenberg Drive #110
Woodbury, MN 55125

Medium logoblackandwhitetextbelowMatt Taschner, Taschner Investments | 6128607304 | http://www.taschnerinvestments.com

Ariana,

I'm not a huge fan of mortgage brokers, because the guy I worked with tripped all over himself at the fear of working with an investor.  I love investor friendly banks.  I really like Lakeview bank in Lakeville, MN.  Not only can they market your loans to the secondary market, they have great ideas to help, and they can carry loans as portfolio loans, with longer term amortizations than most commercial lenders.  

No worries Greg it happens.

Thank you so much for the contact Matt I will definitely check him out and mention you as a referral if it helps whether or not it works out.

Thank you as well David you're a great help. I am in the Crystal, New Hope area in Minnesota and from WI I'm not sure where Lakeville is but I will check it out as well. Are there any persons there specifically that you know to be most helpful?

I have a question I have a rental house in Shakopee that is paid for and I was working in North Dakota oil fields. Well I was doing a home equity loan on the property, waiting for approval and the company I was working for got bought out and I got laid off. Needless to say I called the company I was working with and we stopped the loan process. I am on unemployment. anyway would any of these companies give me a home equity loan on the property even though I am not working. I did contact Dwell Finance and they will but their rates are higher than I would have gotten and the loan amount was smaller. They also got some other stipulations I was unsure about.  thanks JOHN 

If you're looking for a refi on an investment property I can recommend Dave Dorman with MinnTrust Mortgage. He closed 4 refi's for me last year (2016) and a couple of them were difficult to do. Dave really knows the business and was persistent, communicative and upbeat through the whole process. I really felt that he was working for me and not the other way around.      

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you