Starting a Real Estate Investment Business

Starting a Real Estate Investment Business

Sabine Pass, TX · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes

I am starting a real estate investment business in Southeast Texas and would like to get investors interested in investing with us. I will start out rehabbing residential homes and work my way up from there. I am planning to make a business plan to attract investors. Is there anything else i can do to attract investors.

Also i am looking for a real estate investment in-person class. Does anyone have any good info about that.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

0Reply
7 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Doug McLeodPro Member
    Investor · Cypress, TX · Member since 2014 · 496 posts · 205 votes
    11y

    There are lots of classes and seminars by different groups in Houston.  You'll need to drive a couple hours, but there are lots of resources here.

    I'm a buy & hold guy, but I know several somewhat reputable (they still want your money) groups that teach marketing, wholesaling, and flipping and several people who do this things who could tell you how they got started.

  • Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 21 votes
    11y
    What sort of percentage will you be offering investors on a rehab and flip? Are you looking for HML or JV equity partners?
  • Wholesaler · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 13 votes
    11y

    @Thomas Williams, Hi! If you're looking to get started in Houston, I'd be happy to refer some colleagues to you that provide a lot of free resources.  Feel free to send me a message.

  • Investor/Accountant/Builder · Meno, OK · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 918 votes
    11y

    @Thomas Williams

    What experience do you have?

    If none. Better get your family and friends to invest, or maybe not. Better to lose a strangers money than your mom's.

    Use your own money and borrowed money until you learn the ropes. Learn what to do and what not to do.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.