Beginner Real Estate Investor From Jersey City

Beginner Real Estate Investor From Jersey City

Tampa FL/Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 2 votes

Hello all, from Jersey City.

I'm John and my family and I currently own a house that we are having renovations done to in the Jersey City (Journal Square 07306) area, which is in a very good location for potential renters since it is close to: (transportation, food places, one train ride away from Newport Mall, etc)

The property has gone through appraisal and after, was appraised at a pretty good value in the $350k+ range and I am wondering what to do to get started in real estate investing.

I am interested in having it rented out but also POSSIBLY selling it, and getting multiple properties with a large amount of rooms (3-4+) that I can have rented out for cash flow.

If any investors are in the 07306 area or have experience with investing in Jersey City, feel free to provide some feedback and some strategic insight. Since I am new, it would be much appreciated to receive some advice from seasoned investors. Opinions on the real estate market in Jersey City are useful as well.

Thank You & Keep Investing All.

0Reply
27 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    What's up John, I'm in the Jersey City area as well, I attend school in Journal Square at Hudson County Community College. I'm an investor also, hope to talk to you soon

  • Professional · Carlsbad, CA · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @John Roldan

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Make sure to check out all the informative podcasts.

  • Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2018 · 44 posts · 21 votes
    8y
    Hi John, I’m an investor and agent here in Jersey City. I also grew up here. There are huge plans for more development in the Journal Square in addition to what has already taken place. I’m curious on what have you decided to do with your property - ended up selling, hosing, leasing? Hope to connect soon! All the best, Mark
  • Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 16 votes
    8y
    Welcome to BP, I’m born and raised in Jc. Journal square is a good area to rent. You cold almost always get what you ask for. My 2 properties are not in that area but I’m sure your having success there. Good luck
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.