Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
I am new to REI, so please forgive me if I am not using the right terms.
A friend of a friend does fix and flips in NJ and offers private money investors a 12% return with a $25K minimum investment. Does anyone have tips on how to determine if this is a sound investment? Does the interest rate strike anyone as suspiciously high or low?
For what it's worth, he is a close friend of someone who I consider a close friend, and my friend has invested with him and received consistent returns for two years.
Real Estate Investor / Joint Venture Specialist. · Crown Point , IN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 238 votes
10y
That seems like a decent return we pay private investors around the same depending on the amount. As long as you have mortgage on the property or a lien position. Make sure the contact is done through legal as well.
Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
10y
Thanks for the helpful info @Account Closed. From what I understand, he offers a promissory note. Is it usually that people offer a lien or a promissory note? Or is it typical to have a lien and a promissory note? Thanks again!