What do I absolutely need to have to start wholesaling?

What do I absolutely need to have to start wholesaling?

Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 1 vote

I have been reading blogs and listening to podcasts and webinars about wholesaling. However, I have not come across any information that specifies exactly what is the barest minimum set up I need to start the business. Do I need to have a complete website set up with my company name, business cards, bandit signs, postcards etc. What do I absolutely have to have to get started? Please help! I will appreciate any resource that provides a step by step guide to starting the business.

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 354 posts · 186 votes
    10y
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y
    Thanks Simon! Will check out the links.
  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 354 posts · 186 votes
    10y

    Full disclosure. It's my blog.

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Read the Ultimate Beginner's Guide. Search the forums. I know I have have laid out the step by steps on wholesaling more than once. 

    As far as the bare minimum of what you need, there's not a wholesaling starter kit. What you need depends on how you choose to approach the business, how you plan to find your deals to wholesale.  If you don't know what I mean by that or why that will determine what you need, then you aren't ready to start wholesaling. 

    It may require the least capital to get started, but wholesaling... correctly...is probably the most complex of all the REI activities, because you have to be an expert in so many areas.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Thanks @Hattie Dizmondand @Simon ShihI really appreciate the advice. I am reading the different blogs on BiggerPockets and have listened to some of the relevant podcasts. I hope to send out my first set of postcards to absentee owners next week. I am happy to report that I have started and hope get my wholesaling in full gear soon!

    @Simon Shih

    @Simon Shih

    @Simon Shih

    @Simon Shih

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.