What were some ways you offered value to mentors when starting?

What were some ways you offered value to mentors when starting?

Lender · Elk Grove, CA · Member since 2016 · 190 posts · 94 votes

(Mentors and/or peers that you connected with early on)

0Reply
9 views

Most Popular Reply

Saginaw, MI · Member since 2016 · 161 posts · 67 votes
10y

state fan all day!!!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Saginaw, MI · Member since 2016 · 161 posts · 67 votes
    10y

    I met my current mentor and i offered to go help him fix a place up with for free. He tried to give me money and I wouldn't accept it. Being able to spend a couple days talking with an educated investor was payment enough. But after I did that for him he realized that I wasn't just trying to use him without giving anything in return. So ask the mentor what you can do for him so you could have some of his time to take with him..... 

  • Gino BarbaroPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · St Augustine, FL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Jake Knight

    How about paying a mentor for his time.  Have some skin in the game.  Many mentors are successful and tend to have little time.  Show them you are serious and willing to do anything.

    Gino

  • Lender · Elk Grove, CA · Member since 2016 · 190 posts · 94 votes
    10y

    @Gino Barbaro and @Corey Woodruff excellent points. I know what some of my strengths are so I will try to offer help in those areas, but really I'll help in any way they suggest. Being on here for less than a week I'm amazed at how helpful and open people are. I've learned more in 4 days than I learned from reading six books in 2002! Thanks, guys.

    @Corey Woodruff I know Draymond Green is from Saginaw... are you a Warriors fan now?

  • Saginaw, MI · Member since 2016 · 161 posts · 67 votes
    10y

    state fan all day!!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.