Knoxville, TN · Member since 2016 · 12 posts · 3 votes
I will be ready to purchase my first property in the fall. I am currently considering investing in a multifamily in the Knoxville, TN area or purchasing a Turn-key SFH in a state that is more landlord friendly.
What are your thoughts?
I have been doing some research of the Knoxville market and almost feel like I could get more bang for my buck choosing another market. However, I am new to market research and willingly admit I have more to learn about Knoxville real estate.
Can anyone comment on whether Knoxville is better for SFH's or Multifamily?
Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
10y
All of that will completely depend on the numbers. Do you have an idea of what the numbers look like on a) Knox SFR, b) Knox MFR, and c) properties in other markets?
If you haven't run any or aren't familiar with exactly what to look for, check out-
Figure those out before anything else and then go from there. That way you don't waste too much time looking heavily into properties that don't even cash flow.