Brand new to real estate investing

Brand new to real estate investing

Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello! I am looking for a source for secondary income. It has come to my attention that real estate is a great place to start. I am looking to buy a small house (max $100k) and either rent or sell after minor repairs.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to begin this journey?

Thanks!

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2014 · 65 posts · 22 votes
10y

First of all congrats!  I'm in a very similar boat just starting out.  My approach has been to read as much as possible on real estate investing, and listened to the podcasts.  I also began saving as much as possible for my first purchase.  Once I felt comfortable with what I had read, and had saved up enough, I contacted my realtor and started viewing properties that would cash flow positive.  

A lot of people will recommend reading, connecting with your local REIA group, and start looking at properties! Best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2014 · 65 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    First of all congrats!  I'm in a very similar boat just starting out.  My approach has been to read as much as possible on real estate investing, and listened to the podcasts.  I also began saving as much as possible for my first purchase.  Once I felt comfortable with what I had read, and had saved up enough, I contacted my realtor and started viewing properties that would cash flow positive.  

    A lot of people will recommend reading, connecting with your local REIA group, and start looking at properties! Best of luck!

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Thanks for your response Ryan! Did you purchase a rental property?

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 104 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Bp Willam I agree with. Ryan read ultimate beginners guide to see which niche is right for you listen to podcast and ask question from the pros on bp attend Some Rei clubs and interact Good luck on your Rei. David c

  • St Petersburg, FL · Member since 2014 · 65 posts · 22 votes
    10y

    I haven't yet.  Just got back from looking at a few properties with my realtor.  Next step will be to make some offers and see what happens!  Exciting!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.