Your opinion.... Pay up to close a deal?

Your opinion.... Pay up to close a deal?

Newtonville, MA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 4 votes

So - in a frothy market (multi-family/duplex/triplex rental opportunities) regardless of area - should you pay up to get a deal (over asking) or find something less popular? Thanks and sorry for the Newbie question!

0Reply
8 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Mark Yaffe I adjust my expectations all the time.  Sometimes I'll take a skinnier deal than at other times depending on the opportunities available.  But it still has to be a deal.  I'm not buying a property just to check a box.

    If it is good enough then buy it.  If not, then wait.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    10y

    Pass. Wait for something that makes money when you buy it. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.