Getting Started In Boston With 70k+ Saved

Getting Started In Boston With 70k+ Saved

Cambridge, MA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
I really would like some advice on what I should invest in or where I should start in real estate. Ultimately I'd like the have rental properties generating enough income to pay for itself and give me a few extra dollars every month. I have little to no real estate experience.
0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2010 · 504 posts · 191 votes
9y

Then start there I say!! Have you tried looking into house hacking for your first deal? I think it is a great way to get started. Try to stick with a property ready to move in and doesn't need any repairs. management can be a bear and when you are beginning, just try and learn one skill set at a time. Good Luck!!!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2010 · 504 posts · 191 votes
    9y

    Then start there I say!! Have you tried looking into house hacking for your first deal? I think it is a great way to get started. Try to stick with a property ready to move in and doesn't need any repairs. management can be a bear and when you are beginning, just try and learn one skill set at a time. Good Luck!!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Palm Beach County, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Welcome to BP @Account Closed I would suggest you start reading as much as you can here on the forums and listening to the podcasts to help you gain the general understanding of REI first.

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2012 · 257 posts · 139 votes
    9y

    There was recently an interesting conversation started by @David Briley. He was asked how to get started in the Boston area with $60k. Many people suggested turnkey out of state investing.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/87/topics/435170-the-60-000-question

  • Property Manager · Boston, MA · Member since 2014 · 194 posts · 73 votes
    9y
    Start with rich dad poor dad guide to investing. Than read winning by intimidation by Robert ringer. But if your money hungry and impatient read BiggerPockets flipping book. But if you want to buy and hold read BiggerPockets land-lording. Read that will be priceless. Make a bad purchase that will price full. Get the picture.
  • Real Estate Agent · Westboro, MA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 471 votes
    9y

    @Account Closed

    Good Advise. Educate yourself first to shorten the learning curve. Pick one niche to get started in, and stick to it. Books and podcasts are great resources 

  • Cambridge, MA · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    9y
    Thanks for all the helpful advice guys.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.