Getting connected in Portland Oregon

Getting connected in Portland Oregon

Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote

Hello from the Beautiful NW area of Portland Oregon. I'm new to BP and a new RE investor. I'd like to get connected with other local RE investors.

Any advice on great local meet-ups?

Thanks in advance!

Tiffany

1Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 5 votes
9y

Hi @Tiffany T. , welcome to BP! AFAIK, we have Northwest REIA (Northwest Real Estate Investors Association) and RareBird Investor Network meetings regularly in Portland Metro area. Also, check out BP Meetup on August 1st. Nearby meetings include the ones from Oregon Real Estate Investors Association. Last, but not the least BP's own directory of events will have other future happenings you might want to keep an eye on. Enjoy!

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Hi @Tiffany T. , welcome to BP! AFAIK, we have Northwest REIA (Northwest Real Estate Investors Association) and RareBird Investor Network meetings regularly in Portland Metro area. Also, check out BP Meetup on August 1st. Nearby meetings include the ones from Oregon Real Estate Investors Association. Last, but not the least BP's own directory of events will have other future happenings you might want to keep an eye on. Enjoy!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hi @Mesut Ergin

    Thanks for the info. This is very helpful as I'm learning how to navigate through all the available RE resources and connect with people. I plan to make it to the Aug 1st BP meetup. 

  • Jeff HartleyPro Member
    Lake Oswego, OR · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Hey Tiffany,

    Talk with @JRHinds. He organizes some local meet ups through BP. Welcome to the real estate game!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Hi @Account Closed

    Thanks for the welcome. My goal for REI is build a portfolio of long term sustainable cash flow, so rental is the way to go. I plan to use the BRRR strategy and looking for a duplex-4 unit currently. I'm open to learning more about the Portland market and see if fix and flip might make more sense.

    I'd love to connect over coffee and chat. Is this something you'd be interested in?

    Tiffany

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @Jeff Hartley Thanks for the tip. I'll do that. I see that you were tagged in the meetup. Will you be at the Aug 1st event? If so, I look forward to meeting you then.

  • Jeff HartleyPro Member
    Lake Oswego, OR · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Yes, I should be there.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Beaverton, OR · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 149 votes
    9y

    @Tiffany T. Welcome to BP, @Mesut Ergin pointed you in the right direction for the local area REI groups and meet-ups. I do have one correction, the BP meet-up for August is on the 8th and not the 1st. It would not be fun to drive to the Eastside, during rush hour, only to find out that you're a week early. :-)

    PM me if you'd like to meet for coffee sometime.

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    9y

    Great catch @Randy Johnston on the August meetup date. I went to the one before the last two days earlier for the same reason-- not fun. 

    I'll try to see if the date of the event, as it shows up at the top of the page, can be updated not to read 8/1/2017.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Beaverton, OR · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 149 votes
    9y

    @Mesut Ergin and @Tiffany T.

    I checked with JR Hinds and he advised me that the correct date for the Meet-and-Greet is on August 1, so I was wrong to suggest that it was on August 8. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.