I want to know the obstacles I need to prepare for

I want to know the obstacles I need to prepare for

Fayetteville , GA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes
I’m currently a student at Kennesaw State University I’m only 22 years old right now I’m hoping to become a real estate agent so that I can one day become a broker my question is what are the major differences between having a real estate license and simply investing in real estate. Also how reasonable is doing real estate part time along with trying to become a psychiatrist what obstacles will I need to be prepared for?
0Reply
12 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Urbana, IL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 425 votes
    8y

    Expect to screw up and make mistakes often. More importantly, welcome them. I've learned in the past couple years my mindset has changed from being scared to make mistakes and therefore not acting to acting and being cautious of mistakes and adjusting to them when they appear. IMO, that can put you lightyears ahead of others. 

    Becoming an agent and investor are two different things. An agent is going to have to still work for people (clients/broker/firm, etc) while an investor is likely working for themself. Both require education, discipline, hard work, long hours, etc. That being said, you can find a great part time gig to get started. I was fortunate enough to work as a property manager on a 24 unit building and gained a great education on dealing with tenants in a C neighborhood. It really didn't conflict too much with my job (both duties were flexible hours). I'd suggest to contact craigslist ads looking for managers and see if you can fit into any of those. Even if you're shot down right away in the phone call you're learning to take on failure and how to communicate on the investment/management level.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.