Louisville,Ky needing advice and guidance

7 Replies

Hello! Is anyone from Louisville KY? I’m looking to start some professional relationships in regards to whole sales and eventually hold properties to rent. I have been listening to pod casts and watching you tube videos but I have some general questions and need some guidance.

I'm from Louisville. If I can be of any help, just let me know. We have a pretty good group of Investor here in Louisville. I'm sure anyone would be willing to connect and help.

I invest in Louisville. What questions do you have?

Hello Jordan and Pevel!! Thank you both for replying. How do I get contracts for sellers to sign once I get a lead. Is this something I write up myself? I tried to google but I want to make sure the contact is absolutely correct and protecting me as well. 

When a lead calls me I ask a series of questions in regards to the home specifics. Do they own or owe on a loan, why are they selling, anything wrong with the property etc. Then,  I formulate the formula for getting a offer on the house. (I have been watching BP podcasts). 

Is this when I should call them and tell them my offer over the phone or should I send a contact to be signed? 

Sorry it is a lot I’m trying to grasp the steps and make sure I am organized. 

Jennifer you’ll want to reach out to a local RE Attourney to get a copy of their 1 page assignable contract. Look up Michelle rawn, harry Borders or Jenny fields.

Thank you Jay! I will certainly do that tomorrow. Do they give you a free copy to use? 

Originally posted by @Jennifer Cash :

Thank you Jay! I will certainly do that tomorrow. Do they give you a free copy to use? 

Im sure they all do. Having one that is state specific, is helpful. Having one from a local attorney who does 1000's of closings a year is priceless.

Hi Jennifer, reach out to Harry Borders. He’s a great guy and has always been willing to give me suggestions. On the flip side make sure you use him for your closings.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here