Growing Worcester MA Investor Looking to Build a Great Network

Growing Worcester MA Investor Looking to Build a Great Network

Rental Property Investor · Greater NYC Areas, NY · Member since 2014 · 50 posts · 11 votes

Hey BP community! I've been following BP for quite a few years now... Great to see how much this community has grown!

I am an IT professional in NYC. Growing up, family business was in construction, all types. Spend most current my days between NYC and eastern Long Island. 

I am in the process of consistently analyzing deals in the Worcester MA area. Come 2019, I plan to relocate there. I've been visiting the area for 8 years and counting and have befriended many people throughout the community. Anyways, for those in the area... I plan to obtain my share of "triple decker decadence" :)

I'd like to get acquainted with anyone who can offer advice or interested in connecting with a new investor to the Worcester area, particularly a good local GC and Prop. Mgr. I am looking forward to playing a role in making the Woo community a great one.

-Alexander

1Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 4 votes
8y

Hey, I don't quite work with any investments in the Worcester Area as much anymore. I stick mostly to North of Boston since I'm focusing on flip investments, but Worcester is an awesome city for buy and hold strategies. House prices have not risen as much as some of the cities and towns closer to Boston, so deals are still plenty. 

Worcester is a huge college town. Lot of potential renters at any given time. It is definitely up and coming. Head building inspector is very strict, but shouldn't give you any issues as long as you are doing everything by code. For commercial developments, get in touch with Edgar Luna in city hall for help.

All-in-all, super diverse town. Winters tend to suck, but obviously climate isn't much different from NYC.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Hey, I don't quite work with any investments in the Worcester Area as much anymore. I stick mostly to North of Boston since I'm focusing on flip investments, but Worcester is an awesome city for buy and hold strategies. House prices have not risen as much as some of the cities and towns closer to Boston, so deals are still plenty. 

    Worcester is a huge college town. Lot of potential renters at any given time. It is definitely up and coming. Head building inspector is very strict, but shouldn't give you any issues as long as you are doing everything by code. For commercial developments, get in touch with Edgar Luna in city hall for help.

    All-in-all, super diverse town. Winters tend to suck, but obviously climate isn't much different from NYC.

  • Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    Start attend real estate investor meetings in Worcester, possibly timing your visits to coincide with meetings.  Here are 3 in Worcester County:

    NWCLA - Northern Worcester County Landlord Association

    WorcesterPOA - Worcester Property Owners Assn is part of MassLandlords - 2nd Wed of the month, next is 1/10

    Black Diamond REI - 3rd Tuesday in alternating months in Worcester, the next is 1/16

  • Real Estate Agent · Westboro, MA · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 471 votes
    8y

    @Alexander George

    Awesome man, thats exciting- 

    Yes... the triple deckers are very common in Worcester

    It is a mixed bag depending on the area. There are many colleges as well in Worcester-

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Worcester, MA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 14 votes
    8y

    Welcome! There are plenty of opportunities here but don't expect good deals easy to find... most investors in greater Boston are starting to look towards Worcester since it has a much more favorable price point. But don't worry, there will always be enough run-down three decka's to go around if you can find them!

  • Boxborough, MA · Member since 2014 · 230 posts · 62 votes
    8y

    you might want to connect with Tom Cafarella of Ocean City Development.

    I also would be happy to connect with you. As a realtor, I could look for places for you to buy. Pm me your contact info.  Thanks.

  • Rental Property Investor · Greater NYC Areas, NY · Member since 2014 · 50 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Hello all... Thanks for the welcome and the information. @Amit Hossain @Ann Bellamy @Carol Zeroual Thanks for sharing those contacts and events.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.