Minnesota Real Estate Investing Groups/Networking Events

Minnesota Real Estate Investing Groups/Networking Events

Lender · Osseo, MN · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
Looking to attend a local real estate investing group(s)/networking events. Any recommendations on which local groups in the Minneapolis area have the best value? I've looked up many in the area and it looks like some groups have a member fee or charge to attend. Is it worth it? Thanks everyone!
0Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Heidi PliamPro Member
Attorney, Investor, Syndicator · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 39 votes
8y

It partly depends on what kind of investors you want to hang out with...newbies, intermediate or experts?  And it matters what kind of deals you are interested in doing.  

Some of the better ones are: MNREIA and TWINREIA -both great for a sweeping mix of experienced and newbie investors and a variety of topics, however MNREIA is huge with national speakers, while TWINREIA is a small but usually excellent discussion group.  MNREIA also has specialty groups, which are my favorite parts of MNREIA.  Pine Financial events usually have a good speaker and great networking, and their soft sell is palatable.  MREE is one I plan to start attending, as I move more into apartment syndication.  It appears to have more commercial and professional members, with lots of brokers I hear.  

Here are links to the above:

www.mnreia.com  

(TWINREIA) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628179857491601/?...

www.pinefinancialgroup.com/free-events/

http://www.mree1031.com

BP has a bi-monthly meetup that seems good, but meets too infrequently to gel IMHO. There are also a handful of meetup.com groups, but most of those seem to me to suffer various problems. Some have leaders who either soft- or hard-sells their services, others have inconsistent meeting times and still others are simply uninspiring.  

Finally, my own plug is I've been running my own mastermind group with such great success I had to take a brief hiatus so that several of us can go buy an apartment or several together. I'm going to re-launch another mastermind group again soon, so if you're interested, please pm me.  I'm calling it ActionREIA because it's all about taking action and learning by doing.

But alas, the problem with this post is that my experiences are merely just my own. You really ought to go out there and try everything that appeals and arrive at your own favorites.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    MNREIA has a lot of good ones and the first ones are free. I also run a monthly rental rehab meet up. Message me if you want more info.
  • Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2015 · 663 posts · 512 votes
    8y
    I’d like to meet up, if that’s possible. I’ve been looking to connect with local investors.
  • Heidi PliamPro Member
    Attorney, Investor, Syndicator · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 39 votes
    8y

    It partly depends on what kind of investors you want to hang out with...newbies, intermediate or experts?  And it matters what kind of deals you are interested in doing.  

    Some of the better ones are: MNREIA and TWINREIA -both great for a sweeping mix of experienced and newbie investors and a variety of topics, however MNREIA is huge with national speakers, while TWINREIA is a small but usually excellent discussion group.  MNREIA also has specialty groups, which are my favorite parts of MNREIA.  Pine Financial events usually have a good speaker and great networking, and their soft sell is palatable.  MREE is one I plan to start attending, as I move more into apartment syndication.  It appears to have more commercial and professional members, with lots of brokers I hear.  

    Here are links to the above:

    www.mnreia.com  

    (TWINREIA) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628179857491601/?...

    www.pinefinancialgroup.com/free-events/

    http://www.mree1031.com

    BP has a bi-monthly meetup that seems good, but meets too infrequently to gel IMHO. There are also a handful of meetup.com groups, but most of those seem to me to suffer various problems. Some have leaders who either soft- or hard-sells their services, others have inconsistent meeting times and still others are simply uninspiring.  

    Finally, my own plug is I've been running my own mastermind group with such great success I had to take a brief hiatus so that several of us can go buy an apartment or several together. I'm going to re-launch another mastermind group again soon, so if you're interested, please pm me.  I'm calling it ActionREIA because it's all about taking action and learning by doing.

    But alas, the problem with this post is that my experiences are merely just my own. You really ought to go out there and try everything that appeals and arrive at your own favorites.

  • Sean BlomquistPro Member
    Lender · Blaine, MN · Member since 2013 · 303 posts · 131 votes
    8y

    @Andrew Mickelson @Marcus Johnson reach out to me directly and I'll send you the link to our group.  We have a meeting tomorrow evening, so don't wait.

  • Lender · Osseo, MN · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    8y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.