College Student looking to get into Real Estate

1 Reply

Hello everyone, I'll be graduating college within the next year and I was simply wondering how to really start building my real estate portfolio. I'm really passionate about investing but a little hesitant. As many probably can relate I have little money right now with school and a part time job. However, I believe once school is over I will have an 800 credit score and some money saved up. What steps can I take to get started right now?

@Handy Laneau your best bet is to study and learn. I did that for almost a year before I bought my first property. Now 1.5 years later I’ve got 3 properties and should be on pace to have 6 or 7 by end of next year.

If you have student debt pay that off too. Get a good paying job and learn lots and buy something within a year of graduating. Househacking would also be a good way to go.

Contrary to what others may say, I Would not recommend wholesaling. It’s a ton of work and has very little success rate. You could look into getting your real estate license as well but again just know that had a very high failure rate

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here