College Student looking to get into Real Estate

1 Reply

Hello everyone, I'll be graduating college within the next year and I was simply wondering how to really start building my real estate portfolio. I'm really passionate about investing but a little hesitant. As many probably can relate I have little money right now with school and a part time job. However, I believe once school is over I will have an 800 credit score and some money saved up. What steps can I take to get started right now?

@Handy Laneau your best bet is to study and learn. I did that for almost a year before I bought my first property. Now 1.5 years later I’ve got 3 properties and should be on pace to have 6 or 7 by end of next year.

If you have student debt pay that off too. Get a good paying job and learn lots and buy something within a year of graduating. Househacking would also be a good way to go.

Contrary to what others may say, I Would not recommend wholesaling. It’s a ton of work and has very little success rate. You could look into getting your real estate license as well but again just know that had a very high failure rate

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.