Best Investment Team in Albany...

Best Investment Team in Albany...

Rental Property Investor · Hicksville, NY · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 6 votes

Hi BP, I'm looking to build a team in the Albany region.  I'm an investor from Long Island but strongly believe in the Albany area for long term success for rentals property investing.  I'm currently working with a broker on a 4 unit just north of Albany.  The towns that interest me the most are Watervliet, Cohoes, and Troy.  I'll be in town next week, as well as the weeks to follow.  I would love to put a meet up together to discuss towns, properties management, construction, and different investment strategies. If you share the same interest as me, please feel free to reach out. 


Thanks,

Roger 

1Reply
94 views

Most Popular Reply

Bryce CutlerPro Member
Investor · Wynantskill, NY · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 77 votes
8y

@Moshe H.@Michael Gansberg. @max dworin @Roger Von Urff. Hey guys, when you are up in the Capital Region I’d be happy to connect and grab a cup of coffee. I met with Roger a couple of weeks back and we shared some contacts and strategies. 

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bryce CutlerPro Member
    Investor · Wynantskill, NY · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 77 votes
    8y
    Hey Roger, I’m a fellow investor here in the Capital Region and am investing in some of the same areas you mentioned. I would be up for meeting to discuss strategies when you are in town. Bryce
  • Rental Property Investor · Hicksville, NY · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Hi @Bryce Cutler thanks for getting back to me.  I'll reach out via msg and hopefully, we can set up some time to meet up.  

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 388 posts · 563 votes
    8y

    Hi @Roger Von Urff - I've done buy-and-hold since 2004 in the Capital District, and I'm also active as a Licensed Real Estate Broker in the area. I'm originally from Long Island and now live in NYC.

    My concentration is highest is Troy, but I also own and operate in Albany, Mechanicville, Waterford, and areas outside of the Capital District as well. 

    Welcome to the party- I hope the area is as good to you as it's been to me. I'd love to drop by if you have a meetup in NYC.

    Michael

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    @Roger Von Urff Welcome to the Capital Region! I would love to meet up if this ever happens. 

    I am from Nassau County as well and live in Brooklyn. Starting investing in Troy this past year (thanks @Michael Gansberg) and loving it so far. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Hicksville, NY · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    Hey, @Michael Gansberg  and @Kadeem Howell thanks for reaching out.  I'm heading up to Troy on Tuesday to meet up with fellow Bp investor @Bryce Cutler and see some properties.  Looks like the Long Islanders have the right idea about upstate.  Hope I'm not too late. 

    Anyways, Let make this meetup happen in the city!!  I work in Midtown by GCT.  Are you guys available next week sometime?  Would love to compare notes from my trip and as well as here from someone with 14 years of experience.  Feel free to message me if you are interested.  Thanks again to both of you!

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 388 posts · 563 votes
    8y

    @Roger Von Urff @Kadeem Howell @Bryce Cutler - it's last minute, but who's up for meeting tonight?

    Around 7 PM, midtown? The Bar Downstairs at 485 5th ave? Or I'm open to suggestions.

    Mike

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 33 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    @Michael Gansberg earliest I am available tonight would be 8:15pm. 

    If that is not too late count me in! 

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 388 posts · 563 votes
    8y

    I could do that, Kadeem. Roger? Bryce? What do you think?

  • Rental Property Investor · Hicksville, NY · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    8:15 might be a little late for me (still have to commute back to LI) but free after 5.   Up to you @Michael Gansberg.  I'm in midtown, 

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 388 posts · 563 votes
    8y

    @Roger Von Urff, would 7:00 work today? And I could stick around until you get there, Kadeem.

  • Rental Property Investor · Hicksville, NY · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    8y

    @Michael Gansberg sounds like a plan.  7pm at The Bar Downstairs.  Look forward to meeting you both.  @Kadeem Howell

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 388 posts · 563 votes
    8y

    @Roger Von Urff and Kadeem- looking forward to it.

    @Max Dworin and @Moshe H. - see thread, are either/both of you available? Max- want to see if Daniel can join? I can't link to him for some reason.

  • Rental Property Investor · Ramapo, NY · Member since 2016 · 243 posts · 108 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Michael Gansberg:

    @Roger Von Urff and Kadeem- looking forward to it.

    @Max Dworin and @Moshe H. - see thread, are either/both of you available? Max- want to see if Daniel can join? I can't link to him for some reason.

     Hi Michael, I've been really busy lately but thanks and keep me in the loop!

  • Bryce CutlerPro Member
    Investor · Wynantskill, NY · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 77 votes
    8y

    @Moshe H.@Michael Gansberg. @max dworin @Roger Von Urff. Hey guys, when you are up in the Capital Region I’d be happy to connect and grab a cup of coffee. I met with Roger a couple of weeks back and we shared some contacts and strategies. 

  • Realtor · Albany, NY · Member since 2014 · 103 posts · 14 votes
    8y
    Hi Check my profile out and let me know If I can be any help. I offer an edge. Hope to hear from you.
  • Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    hello all,

    Little late to this thread but I am interested in this discussion. I own rentals in other parts of the state and live in Queens. On a couple recent trips to Albany I saw the area had great potential.  

  • Bryce CutlerPro Member
    Investor · Wynantskill, NY · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 77 votes
    8y

    @Stephen Burke never too late. Do you have specific areas you are looking at in the capital region?

  • Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Albany itself seems difficult. Bad and good neighborhoods are separated by a couple feet. My sister is attending college there and first time I ever really looked into the area was in August. So I’m open to advice on areas. I prefer blue collar one and two family houses.

  • Bryce CutlerPro Member
    Investor · Wynantskill, NY · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 77 votes
    8y

    Stephen, There a several surrounding communities that would fit that mold. Cohoes, Watervliet, Menands, Rensselaer, Troy, Waterford and more. Send me a PM if you want to discuss further or more in depth.

  • Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hi - 

    I am late as  well but looking to possible buy a 4-6 unit multi-family in Albany or the surrounding areas. 

    Anyone interested in meeting up or just chatting about opportunities?

  • Jamie BraytonBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Troy, NY · Member since 2017 · 204 posts · 81 votes
    7y

    I'm also late to this thread, but my husband and I are always interested in connecting with other investors in the area.

  • Bryce CutlerPro Member
    Investor · Wynantskill, NY · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 77 votes
    7y

    Ok, sounds like it’s time for another get together in Albany. My schedule is pretty crazy the next couple of weeks but maybe the week after Thanksgiving or first week in December?

  • Saratoga Springs, NY · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Just seeing this thread as I am looking for Bigger Pocket Meetups...new to investing and looking to meet. 

  • Bryce CutlerPro Member
    Investor · Wynantskill, NY · Member since 2013 · 180 posts · 77 votes
    6y

    @Suzanne DiIorio, Action Investors Network meets this coming Monday at 6pm in Latham at the Century House. Free for first time guests. 

  • Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    Hello,

    i just started scouting the downtown Albany and I am interested in the information and experience of people that have ventured into this market. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.