Best Real Estate Accounting/Bookkeeping tool for investors?

3 Replies

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can recommend or share what they use for book keeping for an investor? Functions needed: 

1. invoicing

2. Book keeping: keeping track of expenses/revenue

I hear Quickbooks is widely used. But want to hear if there are any others I should look into? 

I use QuickBooks Online personally for myself and my bookkeeping clients.

However some clients who had been using Xero love it, and I'm slowly coming around as I continue to keep their books in Xero.

I've also heard of Freshbooks but I don't know too much about it.

Important thing is to just set one up, keep with it, and only pay your business expenses out of business accounts.

I also use QuickBooks. We used in other businesses and we are familiar with it, so it was the easy choice for us as we didn’t have to learn a new software. It does everything you say you need and more. 

Also, if you use a CPA, ask him what software they use. Not only he/she can give you a great advice, but also at some point you will have to send him/her info. If you both use the same system it will make it a little easier. 

Quickbooks has a large market share of the accounting/bookkeeping software market.

Quickbooks can do all the features you are looking to do.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here