How do you raise rents on Tennant's when you first purchase

How do you raise rents on Tennant's when you first purchase

Quakertown, PA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes

I'm planning on buying a Triplex that I know is under the market value for rents specificly but I am taking away a carport from the Tennant downstairs paying 1000$ which I could probably get upwards of 1250 -1300 for if they left but I am just starting out this is my first purchase anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

0Reply
26 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Read the lease. If they are in the middle of the term, you are stuck. If they are month-to-month, send them written notice of new rent and start date in accordance with local law.

    Need help? Contact a local landlord tenant lawyer.

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y

    @Collin Kelly like Tim said, depends on the lease

  • Quakertown, PA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Thanks so much

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.