Learning how to analyze deals

Learning how to analyze deals

Patchogue, NY · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hey all. My question for today is this: what is the best way to learn how to analyze deals? 

I see people emphasizing the importance of the deal analysis all the time (especially on the podcast). I know the site has the calculators for us to use, but I want to learn the how and why behind the various categories so that I have the knowledge of what to look for myself. 

I want to avoid complacency and begin "cleaning my truck" (as one podcast guest related taking action steps to) and that for me is to practice analyzing deals. So whats the best way? Is there a step by step guide out there, should I network with other investors and learn from them, or is there another way to learn that im simply overlooking? 

Thank you in advance for all of your help and input!

Cheers,

Justin

0Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Shadow a couple deals of other investors and/or find a mentor at your local REIA or Real Estate Meetup.

    You could also take a deal to a hard money lender, whether or not they choose to lend to you should be an indication of a good or bad deal.

  • Investor · Columbus, GA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Go on youtube and search Grant Cardone Real Estate Investing. He explains it very simply and easy to understand on a dry erase board.

  • Patchogue, NY · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Very helpful, thank you both!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.