Got into contract for my first investment property! Now what?

Got into contract for my first investment property! Now what?

Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2018 · 571 posts · 332 votes

Hi,

i just went into contract for my first investment property.  There are things that I am working on now:

  1. mortgage being worked on. 
  2. have an insurance quote on my property.  
  3. have a potential PM to manage my property for me.  
  4. an upcoming inspection on the property

what else do I need to be thinking about from now until I close on the property? Thanks for your help!

0Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    If any repairs need to be done you should be mindful of that, also depending on the state and tax assessment you may want to consider disputing that.

  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2018 · 571 posts · 332 votes
    8y

    Thanks Aaron,

    This is in Indiana.  There are minor repairs that are needed (about $3000) + I need to install appliances ($2000).  These are also in the pipeline.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.