Wholesaling Real Estate and Medical School

4 Replies

Hi everyone! I'm a second year medical student and I'm interested in wholesaling real estate. I currently don't have any income and I'm wondering if its realistic to pursue wholesaling to bring in some extra income so I can reduce the amount of student loans I need to take. What are your thoughts?

@Zsa Zsa C Whyce Are you borrowing heavily to be in medical school like most people? If so I would urge you not to pursue wholesaling in any manner, now or really ever. Focus on becoming s doctor
Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth :
@Zsa Zsa C Whyce

Are you borrowing heavily to be in medical school like most people? If so I would urge you not to pursue wholesaling in any manner, now or really ever.

Focus on becoming s doctor

cant think of a greater oxymoron than the ethics of being a doctor and the ethics of being a wholesaler.. 

I was Pre-Med and applying to med schools right before I went full time into Real estate. I'd say it's possible but chances of success are extremely small due to your time constraints. 

I have a bunch of friends in med school who spend all day every day studying. You won't have much time left over to run marketing campaigns and work with prospects. I suggest you focus on your Step 1 so you'll get matched into a good residency program and then you can pay down your 400k debt :]

My wife is a second year Med Student, I'm not sure when you would have time, she has none. Honestly, why not try and buy a house with a lot of beds/baths local to your school and house other students? It's crossed my mind doing this in my area, a small they pay $500 or so per bedroom.