Wholesaling Real Estate and Medical School

Wholesaling Real Estate and Medical School

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi everyone! I'm a second year medical student and I'm interested in wholesaling real estate. I currently don't have any income and I'm wondering if its realistic to pursue wholesaling to bring in some extra income so I can reduce the amount of student loans I need to take. What are your thoughts?

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y
Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth:
@Zsa Zsa C Whyce

Are you borrowing heavily to be in medical school like most people? If so I would urge you not to pursue wholesaling in any manner, now or really ever.

Focus on becoming s doctor

 cant think of a greater oxymoron than the ethics of being a doctor and the ethics of being a wholesaler.. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y
    @Zsa Zsa C Whyce Are you borrowing heavily to be in medical school like most people? If so I would urge you not to pursue wholesaling in any manner, now or really ever. Focus on becoming s doctor
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth:
    @Zsa Zsa C Whyce

    Are you borrowing heavily to be in medical school like most people? If so I would urge you not to pursue wholesaling in any manner, now or really ever.

    Focus on becoming s doctor

     cant think of a greater oxymoron than the ethics of being a doctor and the ethics of being a wholesaler.. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2016 · 807 posts · 815 votes
    8y

    I was Pre-Med and applying to med schools right before I went full time into Real estate. I'd say it's possible but chances of success are extremely small due to your time constraints. 

    I have a bunch of friends in med school who spend all day every day studying. You won't have much time left over to run marketing campaigns and work with prospects. I suggest you focus on your Step 1 so you'll get matched into a good residency program and then you can pay down your 400k debt :]

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Montgomery, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    My wife is a second year Med Student, I'm not sure when you would have time, she has none. Honestly, why not try and buy a house with a lot of beds/baths local to your school and house other students? It's crossed my mind doing this in my area, a small they pay $500 or so per bedroom.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.