Making an offer STEP BY STEP

4 Replies

So many good post and helpful insights "go out find deals make offers" but, I can not find any guidance in contracts and offers. How do I make hundreds of offers with contracts and provide earnest money? Who starting out has that kind of cash just sitting, not me. This has me stalled. 

Erik

Hey @Erik Job , have you connected with a real estate attorney in your area? That would be a good place to get a good tailored contract to use. You can include that the earnest money of $10 or $100 will be paid upon acceptance of the offer by the seller. You're of course not sending out hundreds of offers with EMD until it gets accepted. I hope that helps!

So Dan, I got on the phone and found a local attorney that specializes in real estate law. An appointment has been set and I'm looking forward to meeting with the attorney. Could you suggest as buyer/holder/land lord what are some details I should read up on or some specific questions I should be asking. And this little gem "You're of course not sending out hundreds of offers with EMD until it gets accepted" is just the thing that's kicking my but nobody covers these. 

Erik