Developer · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 125 posts · 137 votes
I am curious what people are thinking about for goals for 2019- are they financial? are they personal growth focused? are they multi-leveled? What are you doing to meet these goals to hold yourself accountable? How are you or do you keep track?
Raleigh, NC · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 2 votes
7y
@Matthew Perry
I want to grow my network as much as possible in my area. I want to grow my capital and invest in different properties in the Raleigh area. 2019 I will buy my first house at 20 year old Investor.
Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 61 posts · 12 votes
7y
2019 Goals:
1. Get my first renal property and start my house hacking experience(before july 2019)
2. Start daycare
3. Learn more about wholesaling(reading, podcasts, find mentor)
4. Read 1 book a month & Workout at least twice a week
Developer · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 125 posts · 137 votes
7y
I have been fascinated watching this thread grow and reading everybody responses. I am a huge believer in stating my personal goals out loud, being concise as possible about them, and holding myself openly accountable. I especially applaud those who shared personal goals outside of REI. Too often we consume ourselves with work goals and forget the importance of balance in life and having personal goals, relationship goals, or financial goals outside of those work related are just as if not more important. I am also big on being willing to add goals as the year goes on just because the year is ending or beginning (depending on how you look at things) that goals can be always be tweaked, modified, and added. And since I didn't share mine here goes:
1) work out 250 days of the year.
2) begin to create daily REI videos I.e YouTube channel
3) Create semi weekly REI podcast
4) Help do 85 in office transactions.
5) Help REI coaching clients do an additional 50 transactions.
6) Give 25,000$ to my alma matters for donations.
7) Take two memorable vacations with my wife and newborn.
8) Keep a weekly journal to give to my son
9) Provide substaial and beneficial support to those who ask through service.
10) To hold up to my expectations of doing business as person of faith, spirituality, intergrity, and moral character.
Charleston, SC · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 4 votes
7y
Number 1 goal is to get closer to God.
My goal is to hire an experienced coach, flip 5 homes ($30K minimum profit each), acquire 5 Single family rentals ($500 profit each/Monthly) to gain more knowledge concerning developing multifamily units by teaming up with a mentor and taking classes.
To be more consistent with my weekly exercise plan, lose 25 pounds, run (3) 5k and (1) 10K
Flipper/Rehabber · FL · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 8 votes
7y
@Matthew Perry
My personal goals for 2019 is to rehab and flip at least 5 properties, buy and hold 1-2 properties, and just become more disciplined and focus on investing. I'm my worst critic so I can also do better.
Loveland, CO · Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 5 votes
7y
@Matthew Perry personal goal for 2019 is to buy my first investment property. I have been learning to analyze potential deals and I have learned the process and things to keep an eye out for. I am finishing some personal stuff this year but hitting 2019 hard and I will buy my first investment property.
Investor · Crested Butte, CO · Member since 2013 · 12 posts · 8 votes
7y
Goal setting is exciting! I know that since we've started setting goals it has been a game changer for our family.
Unfortunately, I'm ashamed to admit that our goals specific to real estate took a back seat for a while...until now. Our last commercial deal closed 2 years ago through a 1031 exchange (this is a great cash flowing property and the tenant has been there for 14 years and already signed a new 5 year lease with us).
As far as we're concerned, taking a 2 year break from rei is unacceptable.
I have been on a mission the last few weeks to get back on the RE train, to learn as much as possible from BP and to implement what I learn from the podcasts, forums and audiobooks to get back to an investor mindset and stay open for finding the next deal. This has to happen fast too - we're adding a second little person to the family in March and my goal is to do one deal before baby!
Then like magic two days ago I randomly came across an amazing commercial deal down the road from the commercial property we purchased 2 years ago. Our commercial lender replied today and is eager to work with us again, and we will make an offer hopefully in the next 24 hours.
To back track a bit, last night my husband and I created our real estate resume. Seeing it typed out made what we have done in the last 6 or 7 years seem way more impressive then I was giving us credit for! With that said, I am going to stop focusing on the fact that our last deal occurred 2 years ago, and start focusing on the home runs that we've had, the learning process, and the investments in our future. By changing my focus I know I attracted this new deal.
It's like one day investing seemed so far from from our reality and the next this deal hit me smack in the face! Real estate is awesome like that. :)
We'll continue with 2019 goals and be more specific with regards to REI and after what the last couple days have proved to me, nothing can stop us once we set our mind to it.
Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 4 votes
7y
@Kerry Noble Jr Hey this is literally my first day on BiggerPockets and I want to start Real Estate In wholesaling. What are some of your sources of information on wholesaling? Where can I learn the skills and get the tools to wholesale and how can I get started.
Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 4 votes
7y
I’ve learned that the best time to do something was yesterday and the second best time is today. So my goals for now to 2019 is build my income streams and increase my ability to provide value through my skill sets. I also want to connect with more people who are likeminded and on the same path of wealth building, which is why I’m here.
Rest of 2018 In real estate
• 6 rental properties
• Acquire mentors and buIld a team.
• First Wholesale Deal
• Improve CredIt
2019
• First FlIp
• Purchase FIrst MultI-FamIly Property
• Retire my parents
• Acquire More Assets
• 30 Rental Properties
• Start my Non-ProfIt
Real Estate Agent · Peachtree City, GA · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 1 vote
7y
@Matthew Perry my wife and I are in our strategy session now for 2019. Looking at business growth for our small Real Estate Team and what the primary objective will be for next year, goals supporting that objective, and what action plans will need to be initiated meet those goals.
We set personal goals, family goals, and financial goals (business and personal).
I have small daily goals I can easily meet and then set moderate 10 day goals to keep myself motivated (almost like a to do list). It's all about winning the day and staying motivated. Because just like Zig Ziglar used to say... motivation doesn't last, and neither does bathing, so thats why its recommended daily.
We have a huge whiteboard where we organize our goals, deals, etc. Its a bit old school but works well for us.
Property Manager · Oklahoma city · Member since 2018 · 57 posts · 55 votes
7y
@Matthew Perry
After 3 years of seeing if my company could make a profit we are starting to turn a new page in profits. For 2019 im looking to become more focused on numbers and identifying what works and what does not and have clear records of that. I feel like future investors would be interested in investing in the parts we suceed in and documenting our performance would help “2019, the year I went legit. “
@Aaron Hunt might keep it and wrap it in some super Anime stuff LOL
I would keep it. The only thing better than one Lambo is two, then you have a Lamborghini Collection. If you do sell, I have first dibs. Aaron prefers BMWs anyways.
Rental Property Investor · Muskegon MI · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 3 votes
7y
My goal is to finish my first deal and use it to pay off all of my student loan debt (being free from Sallie Mae at 24 would be pretty cool) and to buy another deal next summer and do it all over again.
2018 was a great year to start investing and 2019 will be even better!!
Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
7y
Great Topic & Responses!
My number one goal is not to be lured back to 6 figure W2 job and be unhappy there, stay focus on what I always wanted to do, RE that is.... and figure out how to live of my wife's salary. Number two goal is to figure out how to refinance my condo w/o incoming W2 (should have thought about it earlier). And then finally make my first deal happen by the end of Q2. ...Q3/Q4 yet to be determined based on Q1/Q2 outcome. Lastly, keep giving charity regardless of our limited budget.
Twin Falls, ID · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 6 votes
7y
In 2019 I hope, no, I WILL purchase my first and second rental properties, (maybe first by end of 2018 if the numbers check out), become a sponge of all things real estate, and be a good mom and good wife for my family.