What Are Your Personal Goals for 2019?

What Are Your Personal Goals for 2019?

Developer · Boston, MA · Member since 2017 · 125 posts · 137 votes

I am curious what people are thinking about for goals for 2019- are they financial? are they personal growth focused? are they multi-leveled? What are you doing to meet these goals to hold yourself accountable? How are you or do you keep track? 

17Reply
567 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2016 · 13k+ posts · 12k+ votes
7y

My personal goal will be one of the most difficult to achieve. Slowing down and getting out of real estate investing.

Like many that have enough in life the drive to have more, or believe more is required,  is an addiction.

See this reply in the discussion

162 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · NY · Member since 2017 · 43 posts · 18 votes
    7y
    @Matthew Perry My personal/financial goals for 2019 are: to learn how to analyze deals faster. Start working toward acquiring my second househack or BRRRR 4-UNIT Force appreciation in my current duplex househack! pay down debt Network more! Read more financial/business/personal development books.
  • Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    As someone just starting out as a new investor, my goals for 2019 are: 

    1. Analyze 1 to 2 apartments per week within driving distance from my residnce.

    2. Expand my network by meeting and professionals who deal with apartment investing (i.e. attending local apartment associations, ULI, etc.).

    3. Create a relationship with the individuals or institutions that will be providing financing for my deals.

    4. Purchase my first apartment complex.

    2019 should prove to be very exciting!

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    I will acquire 10 doors in 2019!

  • Real Estate Agent · Bennett, IA · Member since 2018 · 62 posts · 40 votes
    7y
    My goals for 2019 in no particular order: 1. Purchase our first 3 rentals. 2. I just started in real estate in April so I've set a strong goal of 12 listings and 15 buyer side sales. 3. Quit my part-time job 4. Learn 30 new guitar songs 5. Read 30 business/real estate books 6. Attend as many games as possible for our 5 children. 7. Become Fire II certified 8. Be an amazing wife 9. increase my daily workout times 10. Continue being happy with every step of the journey
  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 129 posts · 163 votes
    7y
    @Bradley Kirschbaum There are a number of housIng (VASH) subsidy programs offered through the VA as you know. I’m fortunate to have a veteran as a PM and he’s been educating me on areas where we can make an impact. I didn’t realize the severity of the situation, until recently. There is a severe lack of supply when it comes to affordable housing. It’s remarkable to see how it can transform someone who is homeless and being able to help restore their dignity has been a spiritual return that is “priceless”. I’d like to see the VA do more community outreach at local REI meet ups. I have found many landlords are not aware, but once they are - are generally onboard and willing to rent to the homeless veterans. They are good tenants, who just want a roof and somewhat close proximity to the VA hospital or to public transportation. Love to hear your thoughts.
  • new york city · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    my goal for 2019 is to acquire my first multifamily rental property and learn as much as possible to continue to built wealth. 

    Become more active in the bp forum and network with other bp members. 

  • Bend, OR · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 15 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Thomas S.:

    @Josh Belgard

    "why you would leave REI?"

    Simple answer is that like every one else I want to retire. I need passive investments to achieve full retirement. I am not looking to reduce my work load I am looking to get rid of it. You can not ever accomplish that if you own brick and mortar. I have all the money I need now I want the freedom. 

    That's so awesome.  I hope to have the opportunity to attain this as well.

    A job well done.

    All the best to you.

  • Real Estate Agent · Branson, MO · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    I'm not a goal setter either, but just like how this has played out for you is normally how some of the best things happen. My team leader has actually had to work really hard on me this year to get me to set a goal number. I just hate setting goals. I wish you luck in your new adventures! 

    Originally posted by @Guy Yoes:

    First, I'm' not a goal(s) setter. To focus on a list of 5-10 realistic or unrealistic projects at one time would drive me crazy. 

    I pray for guidance and things just happen. Last month I was looking for some land (in Branson Mo.) to build our retirement home on. A man I was talking to said he knew someone who was wanting to sell 5 duplexes. I found the seller and am now doing a 1031 turning 2 doors into 10. Then I get a call from a RE agent I was working with and he asked me if I would be interested in a 5 plex another customer he had was needing to sell. I'll close on the first deal next month and start working on the 5 plex.

    Neither one of those scenarios would have fit into any plans I would of made on my own.  I never thought I would reach the point of MFRs so that was never my focus. 

    I clean my plate one bite at a time and before it's empty, someone is putting more on it. And its usually something I would have never ordered off the menu.

    Blessings to all in 2019!

  • Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Great thread so far.  2019 should be a great year.  


    My goals for 2019

    1.  Visit a new country

    2.  Climb Mt Kilimanjaro 

    3.  Purchase 2 duplexes 

  • Madison, TN · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    Love this post! I love to ideate, so dreaming and planning is my thing! I hope to accomplish a few things in 2019: 

    1. Pay off my student loan from grad school (April 2019)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    2. Increase personal savings

    3. Spend more time with my family and be proactive about reaching out to old friends 

    4. Pursue real entrepreneurship as part of my 5 year plan to exit corporate America

    5. Purchase my first investment property

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.